Beyond Earth Screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond Earth Screenshots

Some of the official screenshots that have been released for Civilization: Beyond Earth so far.
    Attached Files

I know they want these worlds to be science fictiony, but geologically active planets shouldn't really have a lot of craters on them. And planets habitable to (baseline) humans are likely to be geologically active.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yeah, the craters look too neat. We have only one such crater on Earth, and I doubt they can overlap so neatly, without destroying other parts of the older crater.
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Pretty beautiful stuff, though.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

two more pieces of concept art:

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

This might be extrapolating a little much from some concept art, but I wonder if the planet you land on really is habitable for humans. Those marines certainly look like they're wearing the equivalent of spacesuits. Then there's this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	civbe4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	9100512

This is supposedly a colony, which is either a proto-city in BE or the city equivalent. The text reads (in part):

-Photosynthesis, air, food, water, wind, sun light, energy, ?electricity?

-A self-sustaining eco system

Again, this would seem to suggest that the surface of the planet is not suitable for humans. I wonder if that has any effect on gameplay (what sort of resources you're extracting?), and I wonder if you can terraform the planet, and if so, I wonder what effects that would have on gameplay.

Comment

Or maybe they just wanted things to look cool and science-fictiony.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Hence...

This might be extrapolating a little much from some concept art...

But at this stage, what are we to do but speculate?

Comment

The Affinity icons from the panel video ...
                  Last edited by Aeson; April 16, 2014, 22:25.

Comment

invalid attachment.

womp womp.

Comment

The attachment system needs a major upgrade

Comment

man, if only the owner wasn't such a layabout. i'm pretty sure that was what directly contributed to 'poly's marginalization among the modding community.

Comment

The affinity icons are ugly. Can you play the game without picking an affinity?

Comment

I don't think they're ugly so much as uninspired. I don't see the connection between the icon and affinity.

As far as whether you have to pick an affinity, we can't know for sure at this point but my guess would be no. You gain points in each affinity by doing certain things (researching particular techs, completing certain quests) and eventually, with enough points, you take on a particular affinity. So theoretically you could try to keep your tech progression and quest completion relatively even amongst the three affinities, and that might mean you never fully commit to one. Whether that's optimal... who knows.

There are 2 (out of 5) victory conditions that aren't specific to an affinity, so that does suggest you don't need an affinity. You can win by eliminating your opponents or by making first contact with sentient aliens.

Comment

Why does contacting aliens mean victory?

Comment

Working...
                              X