Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by st_swithin
    st_swithin perching on your desk
    Hahaha, I had forgotten all about the perching.....

Miss ya W.

Pyaray

Comment

BTW great news about CTP2.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Right back at ya, D.

Are you still at Buzzard? Why hasn't Ogre made a cameo yet?

You know, I was just thinking, MrOgre would make a GREAT hobbit.

No, it's not 'cause he has hairy feet.
        -30-

Comment

Yup, still there.

I'm SO not commenting on the hobbit statement.

Ogre did make a brief appearance over in the CTP2 forum (not the off-topic one).

Pyaray

Comment

Yep, I knew you'd say that. But I KNOW you think Ogre would make a great hobbit too.

You're like SO transparent.

-30-

Comment

Originally posted by stankarp
              I was typing this in an email when the news about the source code came through.
              "What I always liked about CTP2 is, apart from the variety, is the playability. Accessible menus that are easy to read that give you nearly everything you need to know with a few clicks, auto cycling of units, right click to group and un group armies. After playing CTP2, I go to a much later game like MTW(Mediec\val Total War) and is is positively a pain and bloody booring after a while because it lacks these basic things. I made the comment on the MTW forum it is like buying a new car and after you drive out the shop you find it has no power steering, air con, radio/sterio and has a wood bench for the front seat. CTP2 is in a class of its own from a playability point of view. Take one aspect, fortifying a unit. Not only does it fortify, it does not autocycle and if a enemy unit moves in its vision range then the screen flashes to it. The people who designed the flow of CTP2 need a medal, they are in a class of their own. I guess I came to appreciate it in on line competiton play. You yanks get bored if someone takes more than 60 seconds for a move and you could play CTP2 with 20 cities fighting on 2 or more fronts in under 2 minute turns. Fan bloody tastic."
              Gee, I wonder who got that email... though I would argue that the CTP1 interface was actully superior over CTP2 and even civ2-civ3.

Originally posted by Gramphos
              This might be a good time to start interest myself in CtP2..
              Welcome - For those fans of civ2-civ3 who wouldn't even give us a try because of preconcieved notions (Gramphos, I'm not singling you out, as I have not heard your viewpoints on CTP, but this is directed to the larger civ community) I will say that even without the source code, 'Modded CTP2' is a vastly underrated game.

For all of you, put your perceptions aside, because with the code in so many players hands, the foundation is there to create a vastly superior product that will put civ3's limited modability to even more shame - given that CTP2 is vastly superior over civ3 from a Modder's standpoint. (another helping of SLIC anyone???)
              Last edited by hexagonian; July 27, 2003, 23:28.
              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
              ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

I sooo love you Winnie and Joe .

Should have learnt the news before a bit... heh, but that is pure awesome! Just how much the community can do... whee!

We are, then, on the way to get the perfect civ-game, I trust .
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

We are, then, on the way to get the perfect civ-game, I trust
                  Well you can never please everyone, some people dont like Public Works. IMAGINE
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

But that can be changed .
                    The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Thats true, but Locutus et al would really need some persuading on implementing the worker system as an option even.
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Nice news...

Too bad I don't know any C/C++ or whatever language it's written in
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Maq - actually, there is a mod that lets people have Civ 3 style worker system... imagine.

ADG, speaking of which, we do need the programmers .
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

actually, there is a mod that lets people have Civ 3 style worker system... imagine.
                            Yeah i think it was Dale who made it? I never tried it, no need to.

Comment

Yep, I loved public works, its a shame CivIII didn't implement it

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                                Well you can never please everyone, some people dont like Public Works. IMAGINE
                                Yeah, and the superiority of CTP2 is that you can implement the 200++ settler bug into it even without the source code, but actual we have better things to do. (Party-Smily, because it is party. of course in combo with the Grinse-Smily )

-Martin
                                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                                X