Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOM: book req's for artifact spells (non charged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOM: book req's for artifact spells (non charged)

If somebody could post it, that would be great.

The table is in the manual, but I have it only at home. I suppose I will bring it someday if anyone else does not post it sooner.
    Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Like the Create Artifact spell? I've been able to get it with ten books of Chaos. I think it's an arcane spell that's not linked to spell books, though I may be wrong about that.

Comment

I'm guessing it would have to be arcane, seeing as Artificer doesn't require a specific school.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Here's a cut-and-paste from the manual. It's a mess, but should contain the info you're looking for.

SPELL-SPECIFIC ARTIFACT ENCHANTMENTS
          Enchantment Required Magic Weapon Armor Miscellaneous Effect If Not Same as
          Realm and Rank Spell*
          Bless Life 2 - Yes Yes
          Endurance Life 2 - Yes Yes
          Holy Avenger Life 3 All but staff - - Protection from Evil and
          & wand Dispel Evil
          Invulnerability Life 5 - Yes Yes
          Lion Heart Life 6 - - Yes
          Planar Travel Life 5 All but staff - Yes
          & wand
          Righteousness Life 4 - Yes Yes
          True Sight Life 6 - - Yes
          Cloak of Fear Death 2 - Yes Yes
          Death Death 3 All - - Save at -3 or die
          Power Drain Death 4 All - - Opponent wizard loses
          2 to 20 mana
          Vampiric Death 5 All but bow, staff - - Life Drain spell
          & wand
          TABLE M
          Wraithform Death 4 - Yes Yes
          Chaos Chaos 6 All but wand - - Wielder is at half attack
          strength, but the attack
          allows no defense;
          i.e., it does damage
          automatically
          Destruction Chaos 5 All - - Opponent must resist or
          be disintegrated
          Flaming Chaos 2 All - - +3 attack strength
          Lightning Chaos 5 All - - Armor Piercing
          Elemental Armor Nature 4 All Yes Yes
          Giant Strength Nature 3 All but staff, bow - - +2 attack strength
          & wand
          Pathfinding Nature 3 - - Yes
          Petrifying Nature 2 All - - Opponent must resist at
          -1 or be stoned
          Regeneration Nature 6 - - Yes
          Resist Elements Nature 2 All Yes Yes
          Waterwalking Nature 2 - - Yes
          Flight Sorcery 3 - - Yes
          Guardian Wind Sorcery 3 All but staff, bow & wand Yes Yes
          Haste Sorcery 7 All but staff & wand - -
          Invisibility Sorcery 5 - - Yes
          Magic Immunity Sorcery 5 All Yes Yes
          Phantasmal Sorcery 6 All - - Illusory Attack
          Resist Magic Sorcery 2 All Yes Yes
          Note that “saves” decrease the target’s ability to resist the spell by 10% per -1 point specified.
          Enchantment Required Magic Weapon Armor Miscellaneous Effect If Not Same as
          Realm and Rank

Comment

That's the requirements to enchant artifacts with specific spells but not what's required to use the enchant artifacts spell itself. The more I think about it the more positive I am that this is a nonbook related speel. Aren't the spells randomized so that you can't get the same ones every time unless you have all spell books in a school or select it as guaranteed from the beginning? Maybe that game you just didn't pull Enchant Artifact.

Comment

It is arcane, everybody is able to cast it.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

dave: ah cool thanks

to everybody else: the possible enchants you can put on a created item depend on the number of spellbooks you have in a given realm.

Comment

It wasn't clear enough from your initial post.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

some of these i haven't tried...are death, petrify and destruction good?

Is vampiric as good as life drain?

Comment

I personally like the Chaos mods - Lightning and Chaos are pretty good. I wonder if these mods you mentioned work better with "-spell save" on a staff for example? If they do they can be quite good I suppose ....

Comment

yeah i was wondering that too...however, all the non-mage heros can't use a staff, except aurelius, warrax, and x, and none of them need to get into combat.

i've been messing around with stoning and flaming, they seem pretty good i think. the flaming adds to damage, and stoning seems to work about every 3rd shot from my sage or so.

i think the lifesteal/vampiric should be awesome, if it works as often as the one wraiths have...i like bathru the orc guy, but he just can't do the hard nodes.

Comment

May be we can try stoning or death on the weapon and -spell save on the misc item (it allows up to -4 I think)

Comment

BTW I tried the guardian spirit strategy and it worked well enough for me - boosted taxes, put the pop on trade goods, sold my smithy and barracks (the smithy requires 1 maintainance :-) so with 13 mana and 8 gold per turn I could start ... my city had no specials. After I started I managed to get a lot of mana from capturing locations and neutral cities. For ~30 turns I managed to defeat 2 other wizards. Each of them gave to me about 400 gold. The 3rd managed to kill my spirit but It was my fault I suppose. I should have used bless on it.

Comment

it's a bummer how artifacts you can buy can have better stats than artifacts you can create...

Comment

Working...
                              X