Apolyton Fantasy Football!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Fantasy Football!

Early? Hell yes! That's ok. Yahoo has just opened with their league. And since Sandbox and CBS have become pay sites, I think that is our best bet. I wanted to start a thread to talk about the league.

I'm thinking of an offline draft like we did for baseball.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Sandbox doesn't have that premium time this year, so they say.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sandbox would be nice if they've dropped the crap. And a slow draft vs be on line or die would be nice too.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Speaking of FFL, where has reismark been lately?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
          Sandbox would be nice if they've dropped the crap. And a slow draft vs be on line or die would be nice too.
          I agree, last year I wasn't able to be online for the draft. The computer picked Jake Plummer for me.

'nuff said.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'm still here. Maybe this year I'll actually have TIME to play... (especially if it's an offline draft).
            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Yeah. I think fantasy baseball taught Imran the importance of being somewhat timely on making your slow draft pick.
              DIDN'T it, Imran?

Comment

Fantasy football uber alles!!!

last year in my yahoo league the guy who had the computer pick his team won...
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

cool, i'm a fantasy league fanatic now

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                    Fantasy football uber alles!!!

last year in my yahoo league the guy who had the computer pick his team won...
                    i just lost my lead to a person who had computer chosen team. The thing is, everyone in our league has had trouble with the 1,2,3rd round picks... vlad, schilling, johnson, pedro... etc except him. i cant believe the amount of luck this guys been having. and he made plenty of dumb trades with me too. (for example, trading away eric gagne, mark mulder)
                    :-p

Comment

Sandbox doesn't have that premium time this year, so they say.

Are we totally sure on this? Their 'plus' features sucked ass and basically made the game a premium game.

Yeah. I think fantasy baseball taught Imran the importance of being somewhat timely on making your slow draft pick.

Naw... you have all your time to make the pick. But if you drop off the face of Earth, we reserve the right to have to the computer pick for you .

If we do a slow live draft we gotta start on August 1st or before. NO LATER! I've already set up the bare bones of a league... we should decide who's in, who's out and when this show is on the road.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

id like to be in on this...
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

maybe this year my vacation won't interfere too much...and after two years in a row of easy random leagues wins, I need a more competitive field to crush

Comment

Sloth:

Oh, and this year a 'Cannot CUT List'. Basically this is a constantly updating list of stars that teams cannot cut. This is to prevent teams at the lower end of the league from cutting a star to mess things up. Of course, if a star gets injured he'll be taken off the list.

Yahoo ... doing some really good things to their game, AND keeping it free!

My next post will give the league rules, and we can discuss them.

Comment

I like to try this, too, though I 've never done fantasy stuff.

It'll keep my mind off the Lions grinding another coach into oblivion this season.
                              "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X