Weird lump on ear lobe... better see a doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird lump on ear lobe... better see a doctor

I had a small wierd lump for quite some time now on my earlobe. Sometimes it would get all ... touch sensitive but it wouldn't last.

And then suddenly, today I noticed it got huge, and very touch sensitive and quite heavy too.

I have no idea what is it, but it feels definitly like a pea that is trapped inside my ear lobe.

I'm trying to soothe it with anti-hestamines hoping it's a nasty reacting to a bite (mosquitos? in winter? let's hope so).

Could be just a benevolent lump.

What doctor do I see for this?
    Attached Files

A coroner?

just kidding... probably a general practitioner to start. He/she might refer you to a dermatologist.
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

My doctor is rather... not smart and weary of doing too much.

I think I'll go directly to the dermatologist.

Comment

Ack
        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Had your ear pierced before?

Or an ingrown hair.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

never had an ear pierced.

ingrown hairs behave differently. i know.

Comment

I had a wart on my left earlobe. It made my ear numb and all.

I hear Duct Tape fixes warts. (No joke).
              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Have you had one there before?

I've got a scar on my leg that I had a doctor look at. He said that it used to be an ingrown hair that became infected and the scar tissue is a result of white blood cells fighting the infection.

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
                  I had a wart on my left earlobe. It made my ear numb and all.

I hear Duct Tape fixes warts. (No joke).
                  Yes, it could be a seed wart also.

ACK!

Comment

I have in-grown haris on my elbows... just like my old man ( ). Nasty things, eveyone thinks I have black heads there, which I don't.
                    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

Yes, it could be a seed wart also.

ACK!

It's a pain, I had to buy some special wart fillier from CVS, and every night soke it in warm water and then shave it down for a few minutes. This took about 3 weeks. I wish I knew about the Duct Tape back then.

Comment

I have in-grown haris on my elbows...

me too on re occuring in-grown hair on my lip which is damn annoying.

which is why i know that the thing on my ear has to be something else. it's like a whole pea trapped in an ear lobe!

explain how do you recognize a wart (is the skin tough?) and what's the duct tape method?

Comment

It is almost certainly a benign mass. They are very common in earlobes (I have one). It will probably spew some clear fluid and then shrink back down again. Go see a doctor if you want, but I wouldn't worry too much about it in any event.
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I had it too. I just squeezed really hard until it went away. You may experience great pain while doing this, but you don't have to worry about it afterwards.
                            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I've had this happen once or twice. I "popped" them ... they drained and went away. Some sort of pimple on the ear is what I've been told.

Gatekeeper
                              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
                              X