Time Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Machine

If you had a time machine what time period, historic or prehistoric, would you go to?

I would go to the late Cretaceous of North America so I can pluck a feather off a raptor and see T-Rex. In historic times I would really like to talk about evolution with Charles Darwin.

Hmmm....an intriguing question. With a time machine, you'd have unlimited time I guess, and therefore, unlimited trip potential. I think I'd start by studying art and science with DaVinci.

After that, I'd wanna study every major battle in history in great detail to soak up all that knowledge.

Watch the pyramids being planned and built.

Read scrolls in the Library of Alexandria.

Take in the site of the Colassus of Rhodes.

Too many to name....I'd keep the ol' time machine busy tho....

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

The future FIRST for the same reason as Doc Brown. To get rejuvinated and anything else biological that can be managed. Got to be imortal to see all the sights.

Comment

OK, BESIDES, going into the future and taking anti-aging pills.

Comment

I'd go back in time to 14-09-2002 22:48 and post this exact same thread.

Comment

You need to be more specific about those kind of things.

I suppose Rome at the time of Augustus. Peracles Athens BEFORE the rest of Greece got tired of their crap. Alexandria when the Great Library was still intact.

For pre history there is a lot. I would like to see the dinosaurs as well but it does sound kind of dangerous. Homid evolution would be high on my list.

Of course with an updated body re-doing the second half of the Twentieth Century would be interesting. See what it would be like if I was to interfere with Lee Harvey Oswald for instance. A bit dangerous of course since we have managed to survive the Cold War.

Comment

I don't think you want to do that, no messing with history! We don't want paradoxes.

Comment

If I invented a time machine that would be the whole purpose... to create paradoxes. And to take credit for the creation of all poly threads (well most of them).

Comment

I'd bring back tanks and battleships, and see just how those spearmen managed to win.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                    I don't think you want to do that, no messing with history! We don't want paradoxes.
                    I am fairly certain that if time travel is possible then you create a new universe and there are no paradoxes in that case. How could you enter the past all otherwise as simply being there will eventually change the future in some way. Besides I was in Junior High School then. There would be two of me. One 12 years old and the other whatever it would be when I was to go back.

Comment

I'd like to go back and see maybe Homo Erectus, or maybe the Cro-Magnons and the Neanderthals. For historic times, I have no clue.
                      "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

I'd go back a few years and fix the times that I screwed up with friends, family, and lovers. Hindsight is always 20/20

Comment

I'd go back to when New Zealand won the America's Cup. Oh the celebrations

Comment

I think I would go back and kill the missing link.
                            hmm, what would become of earth?
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'd go and check out the golden age of Rome, before there were any Huns or Byzantines on the horizon and the streets were paved with gold.
                              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Working...
                              X