I hate it when your comp settings change and you can't change it back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate it when your comp settings change and you can't change it back

I played a DVD on my comp before and now my task bar is running vertically instead of at the bottom of the page. Aaargh I hate that I can't work out how to switch it back

Don't you hate it when that happens I know its a simple thing but I can't find it - damn windows It won't darg back to position
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

If you're running XP, you may have to right-click on the taskbar first and uncheck "Lock Taskbar" before dragging it to the bottom of your screen where you had it.

Comment

this is 98, that doesn't work
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Erm, just click on the bar and drag it to the bottom of the screen...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

He tried that.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Oh yeah. Format your harddrive then
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Its happened before - there is a simple solution - I just can't remember what it is

That's windows for you - all sorts of crap on the right click but no solution to a simple problem

Comment

You did try the left click on the task-bar-then-drag-to-bottom-of-screen thing? It does seem verily to work on MY version of win98.

I don't think it even has a setting for locking it in place (which would be strange considering you accidently moved it in the first place).
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I have found in the past that the hotpoint for determining which edge it should be on is a little oddly placed at times. Try wiggling it about a bit while dragging
                  The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                  Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                  All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                  "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

win98: click on the taskbar, hold it, then drag it...

Comment

Is this a windows troll, Horse?

Comment

Talk at your mouse, maybe it'd work
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

This is the kind of computer problem my grandparents are always calling me up for.

As already said, left-clicking (on the inside of the bar, not on a border) and draging it to the bottom should work.

You might also want to check under START > SETTINGS > Taskbar & Star Menu... But unless you have some different options then me, I don't think that will help.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Nice forum jack, Horsie. I will fall for it and start posting clueless computer questions...

Comment

take a 2by 4

swing it at the monitor

Jon Miller
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X