Thread Closed: New Thread here
Well, I think it is time to keep this tool in its own thread.
The number of various threads this fits in is to many, and I can't just post the latest change in the last thread I visited.
You will still need VB runtime to use this. If it is a big problem for you to get it I may help you. If so send me a mail.
The latest change is support to add buildings. I need you to test it with the game. Post feedback here. When I know that this version work I'll try to find all earlier versions and edit out the attachment with a link to this thread.
I should have created this thread in the first time, but I thought that I could get it to fit within one of the threads it now is in.
Edit: The file didn't work. The newest version is available in this thread.
CopyUnit - A prototype that could copy only units
That version later got a worldsize and civilization copy function.
When the Tech copy function were added the program was renamed to Civ3CopyTool
This thread was started with the version supporting buildings. That version had a bug duplicating a value in the BICs and a new version were created.
Next change was an addition of Eras, but they were disabled (among with the civ copy) in the next version, that featured resources and terrains.
Bugs with Tech copy fixed and Citizens added in the next version.
The next could copy civs again after some modification had been made.
In the version after that the ability to rename units that were copied, and in the same time copy the graphics were added.
It contained a bug, which was removed with the last unnumbered version.
- The new civs can now automatically build the same units as the original civ
- Export and import of a civ added.
- bug with import dialog fixed
- units can be exported/imported
- bugs with import tool fixed
- import tool improved
- export function improved to export more then one civ to the same file. (The import function can import files with multi civs since v0.61.5)
- bug that made the tool not to load when the rules were changed fixed.
- interface slightly modified
- bug that made the tool not to load when governments had been added fixed.
- some code worked over.
- If you copy a wonder the wonderscreen is copied as well.
- Maps can now be imported, exported and removed.
- Bug that made the file corrupt when removed a map corrected.
- Building Icons, Wonder Splash Screens (if Wonder) and Civilopedia entries (if changed) are now copied for BUILDINGS
-A Savegame editor (for units) has been added
-bug with unit movement fixed
-The SaveGames are now read and written safer, and the owner of a Unit can be changed (not just the nationality)
- A filter has been added to the built in Save Game Editor (which from now on also can be started with the parameter /sge)
- Difficulty level in Svaed Games can now be changed
- Can correct corrupt SAVs that has the "DATAIO Operating System Error: CITY" after the last settler of a civ was killed on a boat/ship.
- Fog of War can be reset
- Rules in games can be changed
- bug with FOW reset at the edges of the MAP fixed, and the map now doesn't sometimes miss parts of the reset.
- Civilization Position Files added.
- Year changeable
- bug with FOW on rectangular maps fixed
- Improved CPF-functionallity: Entered civ names can be located.
- New FOW functions.
- Some more Error handling added to the unit loading
- readme file included in the ZIP for the first time
- BAT to start the SaveGame editor added
- Bug with Years after 1950 fixed
- Bugs with the Filter function fixed
- Units can now (hopefully) be added to savegames.
- Lockup bugs when load failed taken out
- All controls are now locked when no file is loaded (Also if I forget to gray one) to prevent some really bad bugs.
- The Map and FOW functions have been slightly improved to not miss some cases of FOW
- Bug with Import/Remove Map fixed
- Maps can partly be exported from SAVS
- huts can be removed
- Rivers are now correctly exported
- Maps can be changed to FLAT
- Units can be deleted in Saves
- Supports the patch v1.16f
- Bugs with v1.16f support fixed
- Some more bugs with the CopyTool and patch taken out
- The CopyTool will no longer end after a copy process
- Bugs with BICs with MAP fixed
- City production can be edited
- The Copy Routine has been totally rewritten to totally eliminate Seek errors and be able to keep the loaded BIC-version.
- The full Unit directory is no longer copied. Instead only the ini, which are edited to still use the old files.
- Many small bugs in v0.80 and subversions fixed.
- More fields added to the City-editor, but all doesn't work for 100%.
- Bugs with the new fields in the City-editor fixed. (Culture is now summed correctly)
- Bug when loading Save without cities fixed.
- Bugs with copied/added resources fixed for BIC input/output
- 'Loaded on'-field added to the units.
- The new BICOutput is now used by all functions.
- Common Dialog Boxes are now called from DLLs, which hopefully will take out the biggest problem with the runtimes.
- Maps can be imported to saved games.
- Bug with BIC load/save in a map section corrected.
- Bugs fixed in Saves with Units being changed type while changing cities in the list
- The Current research target can be edited.
- Allows you to genarate CPF-files for maps
- Sight is now calculated more accurate (hopefully correct) (hills don't stop you from seeing mountains as in the first calculation)
- A Unit Organizer has been added. Now you can move the units in the BICs.
- An option to not automaticly save the BIC at copy added. (Don't ask me why)
- Bug with Unit Organizer not changing Upgrade to field fixed.
- The wondersplashes are now adde at the end of the list
- The log file no longer logs normal startups
- The pediaicons.txt should (I hope I got it right this time) not lose the last line every time a bulding is copied.
- Start year and End year of a SAVE can be edited
- Popup added when copy is done.
- Citizens can be edited
- All Tabs now have tabstops in logical order
- The City list is sorted.
- More parts of Citizens can be edited (Not tested mush)
- Citizens can be moved. (No calculation of production is made)
- The tool was renamed to Civ3MultiTool
- The default startup now starts a main menu
- New flags added to automaticly start the CopyTool
- Unitis with ERA-specific graphics are now copied right
- The city editing now shows the units in the city
- In the unit tab, cities can now be selected to quick move a unit to a specific coordinate.
- Bug when the last line of INI-files fell out on copy fixed
- Citizens can be added/removed from cities
- Cities can be moved (no calculation of production is made)
- Civilization frame has been disabled by default to aviod questions on it
- Bugs that didn't allow sub windows for the CopyTool if opened from the main menu fixed.
- Bug with the remove huts optin for saves fixed
- Remove huts option added to the Map options for BICs
- The map options for BICs no longer uses the old system of BIC handling
- Bug with not being able to add units to saves fixed
- Ability to remove cities added (untested only)
- The load and save procedures of the Saves have been changed to not miss some data in very rare cases.
- The splash screen now closes when the savegame editor starts directly
- Errors with saves without cities have been taken out (there might still be some left)
- Bug with unit addition #2 fixed.
- Changed to fully work with v1.17f files.
- Bug with sight editing that was created when made to work with v1.17f fixed.
- Added statistics for map in the CopyTool
- The BIC compare function has been improved to show the stats of added units
- The Filter function in the Save Game Modifier has been extended to involve parts of Cities
- Eras has been flagged as unfinished (this does not mean that they can be added, but that you can experiment with them)
- Bug with units not udating when adding another unit to a savegame has been fixed
- New units now defaults to the civ using slot 1 (human player)
- Loaded on list now only shows unit on the same tile
- Loaded on defauts to NONE for new units
- Bug with saves without cities fixed.
- A Civilopedia editor has been added (started with /pedia)
- Some crash bugs fixed
You will also need a fixed "buildings-small.pcx". The original had an offset error. It can be downloaded here
For all that have problem with unexpected errors or missing OCX:
These are the OCX-file used right now. Extract the cab and right click on the inf and select install.