No announcement yet.

Where are Moscow’s potholes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are your potholes? I don't know, did you fill them in with the bodies of assassinated journalists and opposition politicians?

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
      Great, what about the rest of the country?
      Ok! It ook some time to find all that videos on youtube, but, since all of you guys really need some anti-propaganda pill, here is a very short tour to Russia from Serb for you:

Moscow:

St. Petersburg:

Grozny (the capital of Chechnya):

Sochi:

Ekaterinburg:

Kazan (the capital of Tatarstan):

Ufa (the capital of Bashkortostan):

Novosibirsk:

Be my guest, my city of Omsk:

Well, if New-Yorkers consider their winters harsh and Moscow winters brutal - they are both pussies, as for me. The Moscow winters are just a plain resort for my Siberian skin. I wonder what would you say, if you had +40C at summer and -40C at winter, as we have here:

Something that doesn't kill us make us stronger. Period.

Krasnoyarsk:

Vladivostok:

Khabarovsk:

And as a postscript:

Sevastopol, Crimea, Russia:

Though, this place still needs a lot of recovery after 23 years of Ukrainian occupation. But, we will re-build it, as we did after the WW2, when there were only dozens of undamaged buildings left.

It's the famous Soviet boy scout camp Artek before and after:

And that's how we are re-building the whole Crimea, which is a sacred place for us. Because this is the place we, the Russians have made habitable working hard during the last three centuries, the place where our first Christian prince have been baptized, who later baptized the whole Russia, the place where millions of Russians have lost their lives and spoiled their blood during centuries (including my grandfather), while defending the place.
      Crimea was a part of Russia for centuries and now it's just back home. And nothing and nobody will ever change that fact.
      Last edited by Serb; November 5, 2016, 14:57.

Comment

And a bonus track - cars and chicks from Nizhny Novgorod:

Not that I consider those exact chicks to be something fancy, but you love the chicks, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og View Post
          The internet is full of videos of Russians filling potholes.
          Спасибо, "братушка", в Болгарии, все куда круче местами (sometimes), if you don't get my Slavic esperanto.
          Да и вообще, вы в полной жопе, всегда были и будете. Драться за свою собственную свободу не умеете, всегда присмыкаетесь перед сильным, но сильным в итоге оказывается не тот перед кем вы присмыкались. Зря мы вас от турков освобождали. Гниды вы, "братушки".
          Ебитесь дальше сами
          Неисправимые, сельские дурачки, в натуре. Это не оскорбление, это просто исторический факт.

Comment

That's how it happens in Russia- I thought I'll have a sob weekend (it's a national holiday in Russia tomorrow, so we don't work). I was wrong - 00:00 or something, maybe 00:02 - I got sms. I have called back, now I'm waiting for a taxi to karaoke.
            Пиздец!

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
              So... How safe are Russian roads with regards to drivers? I hear about many intersections not having traffic lights or even stop signs.
              Most intersections have traffic lights or "main road" and "give way" signs or are roundabouts. Intersections that don't are mostly those with obvious right-of-way (access roads, unpaved roads joining regular roads) or with near-zero traffic so you just yield to the right if necessary.
              Graffiti in a public toilet
              Do not require skill or wit
              Among the **** we all are poets
              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

I have to admit that the question about dafety for drivers seems to be justified.
                I have to been to Ukraine (more exactly L'viv) in 1992, so, short after the iron curtain fell, as part of an archers delegation ...
                and I have to admit that the traffic conditions were horrific.

It is not that the city lacked traffic lights, rather that the drivers interpreted the traffic regulations in very "creative" ways ...
                wich usually involved the assumption that traffic lights are optional ... and that it is the pedestrians fault if they don't get over the street soon enough.

I was very glad that during our stay there our own cars were safely locked away in the archer clubs premises and our hosts did all the driving for us

But of course, I don't know if the ukrainian traffic conditions were the same (almost 1/4 century ago) for moscow/russia or (even if they were) if they still are similar
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

they moved them to Topeka

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                    they moved them to Topeka
                    Not all. One of them is in the road outside my window. I am not in Topeka.

Comment

I want to place a poast here so the top five thrades all have name as the last poaster.

Achievement for the day accomplished

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
                        Where are Moscow's potholes?
                        Have you found your missing potholes yet?

Did you check the roads?

They are found in the roads, hope that helps you find them.

Comment

I usually look for them in the Netherlands, where they are called Coffeeshops
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
                            Спасибо, "братушка", в Болгарии, все куда круче местами (sometimes), if you don't get my Slavic esperanto.
                            Да и вообще, вы в полной жопе, всегда были и будете. Драться за свою собственную свободу не умеете, всегда присмыкаетесь перед сильным, но сильным в итоге оказывается не тот перед кем вы присмыкались. Зря мы вас от турков освобождали. Гниды вы, "братушки".
                            Ебитесь дальше сами
                            Неисправимые, сельские дурачки, в натуре. Это не оскорбление, это просто исторический факт.
                            Спасибо большое за то что не будете "спасать" нас в будущем.
                            Подумай об своего спасения, можеть быт еще не поздно. Ищи помочь!
                            Quendelie axan!

Comment

To have potholes, you must have a freeze-thaw cycle.

To have a freeze-thaw cycle, you must have a thaw...
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Yeah, when I was in Egypt the cab drivers stated that traffic signals were just suggestions. (yes, his English wasn't very good but his driving seemed to support his statement) He also said that he had to be somewhat careful so not to hit more pedestrians because he was already at the limit and would lose his license if he hit any more. I didn't ask just what the limit was.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X