No announcement yet.

Protestant Answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There used to be (maybe there still is, though I haven't heard much about it lately) an internet gimmick where atheists would show how cool they were by blaspheming the holy spirit on youtube or whatever. This was every bit as ridiculous as it sounds.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Proteus is right.
      Ben is ISIS and everyone like him

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        "Remnant theology" is a common part of being an ******* human who can't conceive of or accept other worldviews. (All humans are ******* humans. (I don't count because I'm an inhuman monster.))
        Huh?

If you believe something, that means that you are right and others are wrong. Believing and acting on it is perfectly rational behaviour and is hypothesised as the basis of consciousness and sentience.

My disagreement has to do with the position based on doctrine/religion. Not based on having a belief, and thinking it is true.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I can't really get upset at somebody for believing that I'm going to hell, because it's not as though they chose that belief. What upsets me is when somebody has a repugnant belief and demonstrates a lack of doubt in that belief that falls into "hubris" territory - it's a good thing to doubt yourself, it keeps you sane.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
            I can't really get upset at somebody for believing that I'm going to hell, because it's not as though they chose that belief. What upsets me is when somebody has a repugnant belief and demonstrates a lack of doubt in that belief that falls into "hubris" territory - it's a good thing to doubt yourself, it keeps you sane.
            Doubting yourself serves no purpose.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

There's some people at church that say that it's good to doubt their beliefs. I don't even believe them. It's impossible to actually believe something and also to doubt something. If you doubt then you don't believe. This is going to offend people because they want you to be "open-minded." The fact is that being open-minded doesn't make sense after you already believe the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                /me reads your post, looks at your avatar, reads your post, looks at your avatar, gets brain all over keyboard.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                  /me reads your post, looks at your avatar, reads your post, looks at your avatar, gets brain all over keyboard.
                  Liberals have immature minds. There's a difference between believing in Obama and believing in God. I'm sure most people who believe in Obama doubt him. That's a different kind of believing. If you believe in God doubting him is only going to cause you anxiety.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    It serves an extremely useful purpose - it prevents people from turning into you

Comment

Kid has been right about everything in his life... like who to marry and why Communism is great. So really why would he ever doubt that he is right?

Comment

"True faith is a constant dialogue with doubt, for our every conception of God is an idol in need of smashing."

-Met. Kallistos Ware
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                          "True faith is a constant dialogue with doubt, for our every conception of God is an idol in need of smashing."

-Met. Kallistos Ware
                          Do you worship an idol?

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                            It serves an extremely useful purpose - it prevents people from turning into you
                            You don't know me.

Comment

Which most of us are quite thankful for if your on-line persona is any indication.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                                Which most of us are quite thankful for if your on-line persona is any indication.
                                Just because you hate me, doesn't mean you know me.

Comment

Working...
                                X