No announcement yet.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanging out to me means playing board games with my friends. I suspect other people have different interpretations, but it's hard for me to fathom what they might be.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by jsorense View Post
      Sooooooo, have you stopped banging your love doll yet?
      Yes, actually

Real Dolls retain value well. I should get around 90% of my money back when I sell
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        Okay. Now I have to figure out what hanging out means. How do you hang out with people, folks?
        Museums are usually a safe choice.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
          Yes, actually

Real Dolls retain value well. I should get around 90% of my money back when I sell
          Whoah, you bought one of those?

I heard it was like ****ing a dead body.

Comment

Be wary of anyone who claims to know what ****ing a dead body is like.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yeah, the guy who told me that was...special. I don't really associate with him if anymore when I can avoid it.

Anyway on topic I'd go for a museum or just a walk around some park or something, as long as it's not a creepy park.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                Hanging out to me means playing board games with my friends. I suspect other people have different interpretations, but it's hard for me to fathom what they might be.
                You could do what you did last time and generally have a good time...
                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

take the time to find out what she likes then see if something she likes, you like too and then go and do it.

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                    You could do what you did last time and generally have a good time...
                    Well, my asking her out was done specifically by asking her what she thought about non-writing, non-Panera activities. I want to get to know her outside the context of once a week going to the same place with the rest of the writing group and collectively staring at our laptops while pretending to write and periodically sharing the funny thing we saw on Facebook.

Comment

You told us you were supposed to write a paper but instead had a good time with her... Take it from there. I wouldn't put yourself in a situation where you are (more) uncomfortable (than necessary)...

Comment

The point is that I explicitly let her know I wanted to do more than just that with her, and she seemed to think that was a dandy idea. We've been having a good time pretending to write for a couple months. Now I want to move to whatever the next stage is.

Comment

well, go get her tiger

Comment

If I could really help you with that, I wouldn't be posting here.
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Hanging out means simply spending time together. Don't over complicate it.
                              Ask her what she likes to do and then do it. Things that you like to do can come later.
                              Sitting around chatting counts.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                                Don't over complicate it.
                                Indeed.

I have a lot of anxiety about this kind of thing and I've always been very passive in my friendships/relationships. Other people contact me and say, "Lori, do you want to go do X?" And if I'm free, I say yes. I assume other people are busy leading interesting lives whereas I'm just sitting at home on my computer. I don't want to impose on anyone else by interrupting them. And then you add on to that the fact that I don't have a good idea of what people do for fun. I'm not particularly adventurous, I don't take risks, I don't like throwing myself into particularly new or strange or social situations.

All of this stuff has led to tension in my relationships and was one of the big reasons why EBF and I stopped being friends. She drifted away from me because, in part, she felt that our friendship was one-sided (every once in awhile, she'd make the effort to come visit me at my place and we would hang out for a few hours, but I never really contacted her) and that exciting new people had more to offer in her in terms of things to go out and do together.

Comment

Working...
                                X