Terminator: Genisys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminator: Genisys

The name is stupid. Lets get that out of the way.

But... tell me if I'm wrong. Does this look like it might not suck?

So far, it kinda looks like this is going to be better than the third and fourth movies.

I really like the initial reproduction of the scenes from the first movie.

And so we're clear, this isn't high cinema. But still... not bad I'd say.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

I'm in "wait to netflix it" mode for this one... just as I have been for the others.

I enjoy myself some robot time traveller destruction action.
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash View Post

I'm in "wait to netflix it" mode for this one... just as I have been for the others.

I enjoy myself some robot time traveller destruction action.
      Yeah. I rarely go to the theater anymore.

Though, I was impressed recently by one near me that underwent some recent renovations. They added these really comfy recliners, started selling alcohol and legit food (like burgers and stuff), and even have a call button so you can summon a servant to give you a handjob.

The last one, I'm not so sure about. But it was still very nice inside.

The seating capacity was only 30. I like that. Crowds are the worst.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, there's a couple of cinemas that have some projections rooms like that. Hoyts Premium and some others.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

And so we're clear, this isn't high cinema. But still... not bad I'd say.
          Well since the first and second ones weren't exactly high cinema either, I can live with that.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

hmm, real food would be a bonus, though they better still have popcorn!
            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Genesis

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                Well since the first and second ones weren't exactly high cinema either, I can live with that.
                Terminator 2 won four academy awards.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

And Pulp Fiction won none.

Though I've heard it argue that Terminator 2 marks the summit of movie editing and that could well be true.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing, Best Makeup, and Best Visual Effects, I'm not sure the qualifies for high cinema but I guess I'll concede that one and just say
                    Terminator 1 wasn't so I can live with that
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                      The name is stupid. Lets get that out of the way.
                      Can't. By putting it in the title they have created an impassable barrier. And it's not a transparent impassable barrier, so I'm unable to watch the alleged movie.
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                        high cinema
                        I've not been able to find any actual definitions for this term (and yeah, I was the one to use it first, so my bad). So I'll have to rely on industry awards.

Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing, Best Makeup, and Best Visual Effects
                        I mean, they count. Seems like visuals and sound are pretty important to film.

The first one has a rating of 8.1 on IMDB and is ranked #217 on the top 250 list
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I mean, they count. Seems like visuals and sound are pretty important to film.
                          Yep, that's why I conceded that one.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I didn't say you didn't concede that one.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I was confused. It sounded like you didn't notice that I did because you were still trying to justify your comment. Nevermind.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X