Poly Fantasy Golf 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really? No one in our league? Weird.

On the course, nobody completed more than 5 holes today. New Orleans could go into Monday.
    Time to imagine what moves to make for Round 4...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• IIRC, there were only four eligible players in the A-group this week. I know three missed the cut, don't remember who the fourth option was.

Comment

• Yeah, that's what happened but I don't remember either. A very strange situation. I wonder what that will do to Sky.

Comment

• I kept refreshing the page, thinking that it had to be more than 4.
          Kept going back to make sure.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• This confirms it: http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/...yerperformance

All four A-players missed the cut this week, so this won't mean much for anyone's rankings.

Comment

• Yes it did not affect the rankings, no player from A made it - very happy to take the win in this League though
              Bummed to burn a J-Day start for nothing but it had to be done for defence, still #6 in the World

This week NO YAHOO FANTASY GOLF!??!?! I think thats the first time ever, there is always a B tourney normally...

HOWEVER this new match play format is great plus it's played at TPC Harding Park...which I played last summer!!!!
              Here a few pics just because I love you all

Me on hole 10

In the background you can see Olympic Club across Lake Merced, the pix don't do justice how beautiful it is!

Last edited by Skyfish; April 28, 2015, 07:31.

Comment

• Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyfish View Post
                  Yes it did not affect the rankings, no player from A made it - very happy to take the win in this League though
                  Bummed to burn a J-Day start for nothing but it had to be done for defence, still #6 in the World

This week NO YAHOO FANTASY GOLF!??!?! I think thats the first time ever, there is always a B tourney normally...

HOWEVER this new match play format is great plus it's played at TPC Harding Park...which I played last summer!!!!
                  Here a few pics just because I love you all

Me on hole 3

In the background you can see Olympic Park, the pix don't do justice how beautiful it is!
                  Congrats on your run so far, Skyfish.

There was a week last year with no fantasy golf. It really put the brakes on my interest level and I had a lot more difficulty remember to set lineups, etc, afterwards.
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• The 3rd hole at Harding? Thats where I got my first hole in one when I was about 14-15 years old

no, I got it on a par 3 and I think they swapped some of the holes around. Back when I was playing the course the first 3 holes were 2 long par 4s followed by the par 3 all heading south and then a long looping par 5 to the east and left as I recall.

The cypress (?) trees on that course are amazing, they're like trees you'd see in a nightmare

I'll enjoy watching the match play out there

Comment

• Yes amazing Cypress trees shaped by the Bay winds, and yes hole 3 is a Par 3 (pix could be from the 10 in fact)- your memory serves you correctly, that Par 5 has that incredible bend on the drive absolutely forcing a huge draw or having to take a 3 wood which feels crazy for a long par 5

I've never had a hole in one, but I've been playing for only 10 years and regularly just 3.

I found the Back 9 at Harding much nicer- with the views across Lake Merced, more interesting holes. better slopes, etc...

However I've just learned that they reversed the order for the WGC and they will start on 10 :crazy: Thats really such a shame...

Comment

• thats why I'm confused about the order of holes, with match play I think they want to use the more scenic outer holes ringing the lake whereas stroke play the whole course will be used regardless

I might have to record the tournament

Comment

• You should.
                          When they had tour school on Bear Lakes I recorded it an had a blast watching it.
                          Someone would be lining up a put and in my mind I'd know it would turn left at the end and the announcer would say "should be pretty straight" and I'd laugh when it turned left at the end.
                          It's fun to watch pro's play a course you're very familiar with.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• They've completely sceambled it in fact:
                            @AshleyKMayo: FYI, TPC Harding Park will be rerouted for the WGC this week. Front 9: 10, 11, 12, 13, 4, 5, 6, 2, 3. Back 9: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 1, 7, 8, 9

Comment

• This is not that abnormal for major match play tournaments. The last 6 holes where most of the drama will happen are closer to the clubhouse to maximize viewing.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X