Question for Poly's grammermatitians:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava View Post
    You'll get no argument from me. English is a silly language with stupid rules.
    NO U.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

You've got language pride?
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
        If you're pronouncing "Sean" as "Shawn" you should be pronouncing "Bean" as "Bhawn".

Consistency.
        And thus ghoti is pronounced fish, obviously.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
          If you're pronouncing "Sean" as "Shawn" you should be pronouncing "Bean" as "Bhawn".

Consistency.
          Gödel's incompleteness theorems prove that you can't have a consistent natural language unless it's so inexpressive as to be useless in modern times (perhaps the ur-languages used by paleolithic tribes could achieve consistency, since they only had a dozen words or so). The proof of inconsistency goes like this: if you put your testicles in a box with a source of radiation, and then you close the box, then your testicles exist in an indeterminate state of having cancer and not having cancer, and this is why Achilles can never catch up to the tortoise.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

If Achilles was really interested in racing a tortoise, he clearly should have spent more time dressing as a girl.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
            X