This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Ricardo Araujo of the Jesuit Order.

It is regrettable that actions of the past so color the present, and actions do speak louder than words.
    A man of his word and deed paint himself by all that he does and all that he does not.

You were an inspiring leader Ricardo, with your system of pursuing heretics that makes the barbarians take note. I have thought good about you, as a gentleman. Yet growing more concerned by every deed that has befallen and all the empty, ignoring silence that has been employed. By your people, your army, your priesthood and yes, even yourself against all nations, and particularly against your very neighbour Spain.

My father went forward to deal with you and his words to me were to uphold the unwritten agreement of old, that would last for a hundred turnings of the world. He spoke of you as a man that would never step forward from shadow to assault anyone from behind. But you did this, and the world shook from the very foundations to the heavens.

Yes, from the very heavens above were seen the falling stars and earthquakes shook the mountains of Africa, making Rome slaughter it's citizens to bring forth volunteers into a fervor of blood madness, procuring human skulls from their own families and fastening them to the broad shields of their legions to strike terror among my troops when marching to battle.

Nightmares were reported and suffering among children wailing to the skies at night, such that parents were close to succumbing to a nameless dread. Saying all is lost in the face of this unthinkable, unspeakable horror unleashed by your Inquisitors against the innocent citizens of Spain.

Then the day that the earth stood still came upon the land..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue-Planet-Earth.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	9095842

..and all was overturned, once more silence ruled your nation.

No effort was made, and your kingdom fell into a stupor. Your leadership vanished after this terrible cataclysm, only now resurfacing with indignation and surprise that actions have caused reactions. War is never easy, it is never lightly entered into except by those who have no fear, more fool they.

I rescinded the declaration of war upon your return, seeking no other value than understanding.
    Had you returned sooner, there would have been no need for this declaration to become reality.

Still, I was uneasy about you. By corruping your image, reminding all around you of how barbarians act, silently without talk. Only attack, attack, attack. It makes me ask - did you do this for a reason? Were you silent on purpose? If not, why did you remove yourself from the public eye and deny all attempts of communing with you? Why did you not alert anyone, be it so much as a short;
    "I may be absent due to religious or personal reasons - Know that I will return?"

My father spoke of this gentlemans word, a sort of warrior codex, where implicit tact and careful interaction with others was of the utmost importance. Any such man would not simply vanish, not speaking a word of his absence, giving no clue as to his return.

You vanished. For all I knew you were killed by barbarians rising up to take over your nation, as so many have done before. I was glad that you returned. I had a glimmer of hope that you would see reason, that your core values would stand firm and remind you of your responsibility. To your family, to your order, to your land and citizens therein.

I even intended to set up the trade routes as well, following your reply to this message.

But now I know you for what you are. A man to whom the words mercy, modesty and wisdom have been replaced by cruelty, pride and stupidity. I have today learned the fate that has befallen what was known as the city of Lisbon. Nearly 3 million people slaughtered, by your feverish attempts to placate whatever broken faith you have taken upon yourself to wield. I do not see you as a follower of Christ anymore. If I was a follower of your faith I would denounce you and pray that you at the very least become aware of your actions, for I would find it extremely difficult to grant any kind of forgiveness to someone such as you. I would have another leader rise in the place of one who, without any apparent thought, would order the destruction and genocide of an entire city in one stroke without cause. You had a slim chance to reclaim greatness through humility, and you have so completely fumbled it that I am still in a state of shock from your actions.
    The Persian Empire hereby declare war upon Portugal, in the year 1358 AD.

May Allah have mercy upon your soul.

-Sultan Arsalan

Comment

Generalissima Ines was shocked when the Bishop of Valencia told her of the latest missive from Richard Araujo.

"This butcher, Richard Araujo of Portugal, has some nerve in claiming that we agreed to paying 'rent' for the use of Portuguese land. As I clearly stated in my formal letter to him, The Gran Duquessa had no other choice but to accept their demands, as Araujo the Butcher was about to order Valencia burnt to the ground, where millions of Catalunians would have been slaughtered. He extorted more than eighteen hundred pieces of gold from Catalunya, through the use of military power, and now that we justly seek to protect our people, we are proclaimed cowards, word-breakers, greedy, cruel and blackmailers. Araujo the Butcher is a heretical hypocrite who puts even the ancient mad Kings of France into a redeeming light. He did not even attempt to negotiate with us when our culture gradually enveloped the Portuguese lands around Lisbon, but sent a vast army into Catalunya with orders to destroy and murder innocent Catalunyans without any warning in advance! Our once peaceful people thought we could trust the Portuguese, whom we had good relations with since the dawn of mankind, and they betrayed our trust in a most vicious manner.

When our troops finally captured Lisbon, we discovered to our shock that Araujo the Butcher had ordered more than three million innocent Portuguese citizens butchered - his own people! - through the use of extensive slave labour. The few thousand survivors that were left alive begged us to bring them to Valencia, so they could live out the rest of their lives in a safe haven, free from the terrors of Araujo the Butcher. We had no other choice but to burn Lisbon to the ground as the stench of the mounds of corpses left there was an abomination in the eyes of Christ, and we will send Catalunian settlers to found a new city there when all the funeral pyres have finally burnt out and the land sanctified by priests and monks. What kind of man is this Richard Araujo, who was willing to butcher so many of his own people, and even leave their corpses behind as if they did not matter at all?

Send word to Araujo the Butcher that Catalunya considers him anathema in the eyes of God and Christ, and that we call for a holy crusade against this heretic. Catalunya is well prepared for war, and we will do all we can to liberate the poor Portuguese people from his horrors. Remind the Butcher that Catalunya is regarded highly for our honour by the other nations of the world, especially Greece and Persia, and that if Araujo the Butcher does not surrender himself to us, so we can bring him to the Holy See to be tried in the eyes of God and Christ, we will not relent! We Catalunyans have worked hard to establish ourselves as a people that can be trusted, and all nations know that when we give a promise, we uphold those promises. However, we do not respond well to blackmail and extortion, especially from heretics like Araujo the Butcher. If Araujo the Butcher thinks that spreading lies about Catalunya to the world helps his case, then he is sorely mistaken. His actions speaks for themselves, and no matter what honeyed or soured words he offers to the world, it is clear for everyone to see what he is and what he has done.

Also, send word to all the leaders of the world that we may very well be dealing with Anti-Christ himself in the tyrant Araujo the Butcher. He is no true Christian, and his actions speak for themselves. Butchering millions of innocent Portuguese citizens just to deny Catalunia the city of Lisbon is an act of so horrible proportions that I am at a loss for words. Something must be done to stop this madman from killing more innocent civilians!

I pray that God and Christ have mercy on the black soul of Richard Araujo."
      La República de Catalunya sempre en els nostres cors

Comment

There was a low moaning wind coming in from the sea, as it passed between sails of many vessels gathering beyond the breakwater, it made them shift and rock from side to side as if in a battle with the waves lapping around their hulls. Rowboats shuttled between ships and shore carrying troops and supplies, healing herbs foremost among them. Many of the wounded were gathered in white tents, administered by those proficient in the art of herblore and wise in the ways of corporeal health.

Passing above the white tents it skimmed across the desert floor still littered with the dead not yet carried off to the mass funeral pyres, making vultures huddle together in a momentary pause from the feast of dead human flesh littered for miles around. Their grim visage unheeded by the many prisoners under guard who maintained a steady number of bodies being carried to the pyres, after relieving soldiers of all armor and weaponry. These were carried to smiths and remade for the purpose of tools to be used by farmers and other peaceful trades.

Name:	toolmaking.jpg
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	9095844

The steady cling-cling-cli-cling was echoed in the metal district day and night. Outfitting more than 15000 prisoners that would serve in the rebuilding of infrastructure both outside and inside the city, among them were the outer walls, torn down by catapults while besieged. Colonia Augusta was defeated along with the army garrisoned there, and a moment of time was set aside for the new Persian settlement of Kapisa while troops healed and defenses were rebuilt. Greece, Holy Roma and the Ottoman Empire noticed a trickle of wandering faithful that wished to join their lands to find prosperity and a life far from the lands that Rome occupied in the years after.

Comment

A formal letter to Portugals navy sent during the rebuilding of Kapisa, 1360 AD:

General Silva,

Your people cry out for change. Ricardo the Butcher has clearly lost his mind and needs to be removed from his position. For peace to ever arrive between our two nations, the settlement of St.Julien must come under Persian control along with a tribute of 1500 gold with immediate effect. Knowing that these people will have a secure home under Persian rule, gold unlawfully stolen by Ricardo the Butcher's greedy Inquisitors returned, no longer under the stranglehold of fear perpetuated by Ricardo the Butcher, will be a small step away from the current crisis that your nation is in the midst of.

Consider my terms, consider your nation, consider your future.

Peace be upon you.

-Sultan Arsalan

Comment

To Portugal,

We ask you to turn over the ownership and protection of the Holy City of Christianity. The Greeks have proven that are more worthy than you, as Christians we can not allow you to be the center of our faith.

Greece.

Comment

Catalunya supports the Greek claim to the Christian Holy City. It is an abomination unto God that Araujo the Butcher remains in control of this most holy location, and we pray for the day when the city is liberated into the hands and care of a true Christian leader and nation.

Comment

Persia also support the claim of Greece to the Christian holy city. Their multicultural diversity and inherent wisdom in the treatment of their religious peers stand without question among those following the Christian faith. Persia welcomes this change and hope for a change of leadership in the Portuguese Kingdom that may see this through.

Comment

Qin stood in front of his 100,000 swordsmen assembled ... the greatest Chinese force ever put in to the field as they approached the Japanese city of Nish.

"Men I salute each and every one of you. Today we set forth to purge the barbarian curse that has impregnated our Japanese brothers. Go forth in knowing that Allah has blessed us in this war of righteousness. Victory !

Comment

Sacred Roman Empire occurred with anxiety attacks against sacred city for Christians. King Lothar hopes that will not destroy the churches and all those who take refuge in them will be spared the horrors of war. King Lothar wanted to his Persian friends that in his capital, he built a mosque and it wants to show its toleration of different religions. King Lothar hopes that Muslim militants who attack Christians in Portugal will treat civilians with due respect.

Name:	Mosque_1.gif
Size:	212.1 KB
ID:	9095852 Turkish laborers building a mosque in Aachen.

Comment

The Citizens of Greece have decided that if the Holy City becomes part of the Greek Christendom, the Greeks will divide all the income directly coming from all the christian cities in the world between the civilized Christian kingdoms. This will help with the funding of new christian buildings in these kingdoms and the spread of the holy faith.

Comment

In Mecca, news of a Mosque near completion in Aachen has prompted the Grand Ayatollah to travel there in time for the opening ceremony. To bring the blessing of Allah to all who wish to hear more of the Qur'an. Thanking King Lothar for his open and heartfelt welcome among his people.

In Africa, a man came limping to the Persian encampment in broad daylight, naked, one eye a bloody mess, his body covered in scars and partially bleeding from several burnmarks oozing with pus. Collapsing before he was able to speak, the stranger was treated for a fortnight before he awoke, his fever broken and his dry, rasping voice asking for water.

This man was none other than Gaius Marius, former commander of the Roman legions and known as a Great General. His torture had been inflicted in part from the loss of Aedis Yehudim, and mostly for the treason of suggesting to the Roman leader that the only way for Rome to survive lay in complete surrender to Persia. He was nearly broken, but for the shame they wished to inflict by having him die of thirst in the desert. If not for the army of Persia, he would be dead. For this miraculous rescue and for the insanity of his own people, Gaius Marius converted from Judaism to Islam, swearing to serve Persia as long as he lived.

Outside the city of Nishikyo, forward scouts met a man calling himself Meiji, claiming power of leadership in Japan. He gave them letters to the Arteshban of Persia's army and to the Emperor Qin of China. Asking that replies to his letters should be delivered in the same place as where he met the forward scouts outside of Nishikyo. For a time the army halted, while the Arteshban conferred with Qin about the letters. Replies were sent, but no further word was heard from the man named Meiji. Now, the dual army of Persia and China, a quarter of a million soldiers, with half again as many camp followers, were camped outside Nishikyo, their campfires mirroring the stars in the sky at night.

Comment

Name:	ver test.jpg
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	9095859

She had approved the plans English architects had drawn up in London, but seeing the grandeur of Versailles itself was a wonder. It was fitting that such a huge building would serve as administrative capitol of England’s ever growing New World holdings. Seeing the great expanse of the New World for the first time was a wonder as well—individual cities that controlled territories as large as the entire landmass of the English home island—these lands were truly the future of the English people.

Decamping the English home island for the new world was a risk Elizabeth had long been hesitant to take. But with the construction of Versailles in the interior of the fertile heartland of the New World it was a choice that could no longer be delayed.

The dangers and secrecy that accompanied such a journey were sure to prove well worth the risks. Delays to foreign correspondence non-withstanding, the trip had proven a great success. No bandits or pirates had attacked Elizabeth’s party and now from Versailles Elizabeth could delve in to the difficult task of building up infrastructure in the still mostly virgin lands.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by England (DoB); July 23, 2013, 22:11.

Comment

Terms Japan and China

This statement was posted in all cities in China.

A new emperor has ascended the throne of Japan ... Shogan Meiji. The following terms have been made public as agreed upon through private dispatch. OCC (So these terms are in effect. I believe one turn has elapsed since it was agreed upon.)

The mighty Persian army is within site of the walls of Nish. Two additional Japanese cities have been razed to pay for the crimes against China.

======================================

Shogun Meiji

1) Persia and I will continue to war with Japan for the next 10 turns. Japan must pay for the insult to my wife.

2) If you wish to assume power in Japan you have the opportunity of defending and earning your place in this world.

3) But If I take Nish ... I agree to return it in 50 turns to you in exchange for open borders and trade during those 50 years and the next 50 years. If Persia takes Nish ... you will have to negotiate separately with them. If I fail to take Nish the conflict is over.

4) Regardless of the results after the war I agree for a non aggression pact for 100 turns after 10 turns of war have elapsed.

Eternal Emperor Qin of China

as my decision impacts Persia I have copied them and Ottomans

Comment

"It must be rainy there days, all kind of worms have crawled out of their holes in the earth. All who was soft and unctuous back when Portugal was in its peak and who swore their allegiance and eternal friendship to Portugal have now broke their words and promises.

Well done, Catalunian witch, you who call names and fight the absent fighters, but raze our capitol with all its citizens who were on the barricades. I was not pleasantly impressed back then when you were sobbing and whining for how Portugal was treating you, nor was I impressed by how you launch war and fight kingdoms without rulers lately, nor am I now impressed for you doing your disgusting deeds and have the eyes to stand tall and tell jokes about your shameful deeds.

But this I can understand, such is your audience - liars and cowards, honor-less word-breakers who were deafening us with their pleas and praises when Portugal was in its former glory. Now their eyes are threatening to explode from largening out of greed. They enslave our people, raze our cities and hustle each-other in the hurry to cut another piece of our body with their smelly scavenging beaks. Their pathetic reasoning are not heard well by all the hissing and slurping while they feast and shamelessly encouraging each-other, forgotten any fear of people and from God."

Comment

In Valencia a huge celebration is being held after the victorious campaign led by Generalissima Ines against Portugal. The Gran Duquessa Catalina has been released from her house arrest, and taken over the Duchy again, while Generalissima Ines has left the capital in the lead of the Catalunian troops travelling south into Africa to assist the Persian campaign against the Romans. She also has orders to intercept a Portuguese army that Ricardo Araujo foolishly believes that Catalunya is unaware of and which he seeks to do use in a surprise attack against the Catalunian settlements there.

"My fellow rulers,

I have forgiven Generalissima Ines for her acts against me, due to the expediency and military cunning she showed in ensuring the safety of our people. The Generalissima never intended to usurp my power, but she felt that my soft response to the threats and extortion from Ricardo Araujo was unfit for our proud nation, and given the most unchristian behaviour of this man when he even slaughtered millions of his own people in Lisbon I can only accept that she was right and that I was wrong.

I would also offer my gratitude to the people of Greece and Persia, who have proven to be good friends of Catalunya. A monument shall be erected in Valencia, celebrating our friendship and good relations.

As for Ricardo Araujo, I ask that you do not judge him, as I have forgiven him according to the teachings of Christ. Christ taught us that it is not the place of us mere mortals to judge one another. Catalunya will of course defend ourselves against any further threats from Portugal, or any other nation who thinks us weak, but I ask that we leave judgment to God and Christ. The Bible tells us that we should not murder or lie. If Araujo has the conscience to live with these acts, then let him stand before God when the time of judgment comes and explain why he chose to do so, and my hope is that God will forgive him for his sins. Please join me in a mutual prayer for his soul, and that the merciful light of God may once more shine upon him and his people.

May the benevolence of God's light shine upon you all.

Gran Duquessa Catalina de Valencia de Catalunya"

Comment

Working...
                                X