No announcement yet.

The 2013 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool - Signup thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're talking about Erma, the telephone operator in town, no, she doesn't count. Everyone in town knows her, I realize, but she just isn't allowed. Sorry.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij View Post
      Do "small country" celebrities count?
      Sure, so long as they get a public obit... in english.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Wezil how dare you, don't you know that Canada is a bilingual country? You ought to accept obits in French as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
          Sure, so long as they get a public obit... in english.
          They will... Americans are suckers for ***
          Last edited by Hueij; December 25, 2012, 04:58. Reason: Almost gave it away. Almost...
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

I sent in my list.
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

OFITG has been registered.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij View Post
                Do "small country" celebrities count?

Yes
                "a) "Celebrity" means someone who, upon their death, gets a written obituary in a major, mainstream media news website. A good rule of thumb is “Celebrity = Name Recognition.” The Judges Panel should be able to look at the name and say “Oh, I know who that is,” without any prompting from the player. The Judges Panel should at least be able to find many references to the individual with a cursory online search."
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Don't be too quick to put Bush, Sr. on your list. It's not a given that he'll make it to 2013.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The Guild of Calamitous Intent has submitted its list and looks forward to its continued climb up the leaderboard.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I'm still working on the Kodak Krew in honor of that great company from Rochester, New York which bit the dust earlier this year.

Comment

I will be entering, I am just trying to figure out my team plus subs.
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Still working on my team but I will be entering.
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

The Guild has been registered.

Comment

Victory is assured.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

The List for "Never Say Die" has been sent
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X