No announcement yet.

D.C./Maryland area polymeet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May I recommend Dalwhinnie 15 year old scotch? It has a light fruity aftertaste.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

How about something like Lucky Bar just South of DuPont Circle? Those younger than 21 get kicked out at 5:30 (theoretically), so would have to exit before then. We could do lunch and then some beers. I realize this isn't in Felch's ideal parameters...

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Another possibility is Kramerbooks & Afterwards directly North of DuPont Circle. Many draughts served. I don't think there's a limitation to ages, because it is a restaurant/cafe. We have done Polymeets at the bar before, but we could do the seating area this time, if there's not too big of a crowd waiting for a seat.

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

If neither of those two work for everybody, then we could do James Hoban's, which is just South/Southwest of the Circle. I've never been there, but it is one of the places where people meet up, so it can't be so bad.

jameshobansdc.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, jameshobansdc.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
            May I recommend Dalwhinnie 15 year old scotch? It has a light fruity aftertaste.
            My girlfriend says there's no such thing as a 15 year old scotch that tastes like a fruity girly drink.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
              Another possibility is Kramerbooks & Afterwards directly North of DuPont Circle. Many draughts served. I don't think there's a limitation to ages, because it is a restaurant/cafe. We have done Polymeets at the bar before, but we could do the seating area this time, if there's not too big of a crowd waiting for a seat.

http://www.kramers.com/index.html
              Oh hey, I remember that Bar. It's where we pub-crawled to after Five Guys, right?
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                My girlfriend says there's no such thing as a 15 year old scotch that tastes like a fruity girly drink.
                You could always put in an ice cube or two.
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post

http://www.kramers.com/index.html
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	appetites_large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	850.1 KB
ID:	9093540

Holy Crap!

Comment

I'm fine with the Kramerbooks place.

You could always put in an ice cube or two.
                    I'll just stick to Mountain Dew.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Unless somebody objects, Kramerbooks it is. Would five be okay for the time?
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

That's cool. I'll be a little late, but also a lotta stoned.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Five is rad. Google Calendar, go!

Comment

Sounds good.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]172256[/ATTACH]

Holy Crap!
                              That's what really makes me envious of other big cities. We just don't have any great world class used or even new book stores around here. Sure, lots of chain stores and a few decent used book stores (though less than 10% of what we had 20 years ago) but no iconic book stores like Powell's Book Store in Portland, Politics & Prose (really the perfect name for DC), or the Eliott Bay Book Company in Seattle.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I think that works for me. See y'all then!
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X