Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Falklands, does Argentina have a valid p.o.v.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just found out on Wikipedia that they also claim South Georgia and the Sandwich Islands as well as a slice of Antarctica. Argentine tyranny and aggression knows no limits.

Comment

They also claim Taiwan!
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The Argentine claim is pretty weak if I recall.

More importantly, the population is British, has been British for 175 years, and wants to remain British.

Argentina needs to get over it.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          I doubt it.
          The islanders didn't.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

The Argentinians have no serious claim to the islands beyond relative geographic proximity.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
              I just found out on Wikipedia that they also claim South Georgia and the Sandwich Islands as well as a slice of Antarctica. Argentine tyranny and aggression knows no limits.
              The brits and norweigans also claim slices of antarctica (along with Chile, Australia, New Zealand and a couple others IIRC)
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
                The Argentinians have no serious claim to the islands beyond relative geographic proximity.
                Well, the British and Americans did kick Luis Vernet out of the islands.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
                  This. Honestly, I fail to see how Argentinians running the islands would be better for the Falkland Islanders than the British.

It's like an international dick size contest. Hate to break it to the Argies, but Britain wins that contest by a couple miles.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Why not? Can you add new information that hasn't been presented here by others to support your claim?
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

You gotta feel bad for the Argentinians, though. At the dawn of the 20th century, people saw Argentina as a very strong contender to be a world power in the future. Massive European immigration, plenty of free land, it was supposed to be the US of Latin America. Then History happened...
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

No, what happened was that the argies made a load of bad decisions for themselves.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                          Why not? Can you add new information that hasn't been presented here by others to support your claim?
                          Your posts in this thread are idiotic. Nobody's posted any meaningful "evidence" at all, nor can they be expected to on such a silly topic.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'd just like to see if, for once, HC can back up his claims. But as usual, he relies on you to save him.
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
                              Why don't you at least read the English wikipedia articles on the issue?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falklan...eignty_dispute
                              You're getting old, KH.
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

That's not "evidence for a claim". That's "random wiki link".
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X