FOX News Propaganda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOX News Propaganda

Recently many of you may have noticed that the left has begun to call for the removal of Fox news and MSNBC for their far out and unbalanced reporting. I believe this is a fair trade off and I believe the FCC should follow through on its plans to regulate cable news. It is important that we have a free press that reports the news and not biased reporting masquerading as news.

It amazes me that anyone could be swayed or convinced by the propaganda of Fox news. By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise. Knowing this, the FCC must take it upon itself to install a neutral media that neither favors one side or the other. How fortunate for Fox news that the people they ensnare don't think.

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed. Fox news has cultivated a sort of religious following. It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge. Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it. This seems to be the mantra of Fox news. One needs only watch Fox news for a brief moment to get a glimpse of the lies and propaganda being hurled ad nauseum. I hope everyone will join me in condemning Fox news and supporting the efforts of the Democrats to bring fairness and balance to the airwaves.
    Tilting at windmills is a wonderful pastime.

I don't think Fox News should be forced off the air because I support free speech. However I agree that Fox is a right wing propaganda machine.

Comment

I'm curious at this idea of a regulated neutrality.

Government imposed objectivity? Be serious.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Government imposed objectivity is far more objective than privately imposed objectivity. If being objective is your objective, then government imposed objectivity will accomplish it.

Comment

Who defines objectivity? The ruling party?

Comment

Originally posted by Argus View Post
            Government imposed objectivity is far more objective than privately imposed objectivity. If being objective is your objective, then government imposed objectivity will accomplish it.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Why are you giving a thumbs up to such a ridiculous statment? The guy is clearly a commie. State run media? My god, we're going to look like Canada pretty soon.

Comment

Because it's freaking hilarious.

I just can't decide what voice to put to it. I'm thinking Rowan Atkinson.

Comment

You're way too uptight Drix. Pull the stick out and have some fun.

Comment

Why are you laughing at all of this Wezil? I don't think you realize the state of the media in the US right now and the dire consequences that will occur should Fox news be allowed to continue to grow at its current pace.

Comment

Absolutely, they should be brought to heel.

Comment

Well you can jest all you like, but when Adam Sutler rules the airwaves you will have no one to blame but yourself.

Comment

Jest? I'm with you on this. Is there a petition I can sign or are more drastic measures required?

Comment

I believe we need to start by purging the right wing faction on this board. Revolutions are best fought in the shadows to begin with before moving into the light. Generals think war should be waged like the tourneys of the Middle Ages. I have no use for knights; I need revolutionaries. Fight not on the field but behind closed doors. When the time is right we will make our move.

Comment

This guy has the intelligence of a bag of potatos. I'm amazed people are even responding to him. Go back to Civfanatics, loser.

Comment

Working...
                              X