Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nominate PolyCast for "2009 Podcast Awards": 'Best Produced' and 'Gaming' Categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nominate PolyCast for "2009 Podcast Awards": 'Best Produced' and 'Gaming' Categories

In December of this year PolyCast, a podcast entertaining and information Civilization strategy, will complete its third season. Before then, it is hoped that it would have at least been one of the Top 10 nominees again in both the "Best Produced" and "Gaming" categories for the 2009 Podcast Awards which is now accepting nominations until 23:59PM Hawaiian Standard Time on October 19th.

As noted in the rules of the awards process, 40% of each nominated podcast`s review grade comes from the number of nominations received during the 15-day nomination period. Therefore, to ensure PolyCast has the best opportunity to be one of the Top 10 nominees to then be voted upon during a 15-day period afterwords itself, as many legitimate nominations need to be submitted for the show now. When nominating, please follow the data below for both the "Best Produced" and "Gaming" categories:

Podcast Name: PolyCast
    Podcast URL: http://thepolycast.net/polycast

On behalf of the PolyCast team, please do not nominate the show for anymore than the "Best Produced" and "Gaming" categories: the aim is to focus nominations in these categories and these categories alone. Do not submit PolyCast for more than these two categories as that would invalidate your nomination. Further, please use the "Comments" field to help the reviewing team understand why you feel PolyCast is deserving of being nominated in both the "Best Produced" and "Gaming" categories. Be certain to include your name and a valid email address to ensure the verification and in turn validity of your vote.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy. Thanks in advance to all of those who decide to vote for PolyCast in the "Best Produced" and "Gaming" categories for the 2009 Podcast Awards. The nomination effort was successful last year, so here's to repeating that performance to set the stage for the next round!
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Voted.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Ditto.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Gee... I notice a lot less support this time around...
        I wonder why...
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No need to keep up the sour grapes...

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I've casted my nomination!
            Good luck Dan! you deserve it.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
              No need to keep up the sour grapes...
              What sour grapes... just pointing out a fact. The last time, it seemed more people were willing to help.
              This time, the lack of response is obvious.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Thanks to those who have voted so far!

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                What sour grapes... just pointing out a fact. The last time, it seemed more people were willing to help.
                This time, the lack of response is obvious.
                You are making an inference, not stating a fact. That there have been fewer replies to this thread to date, as compared to the one last year at the same stage in the nomination process, does not necessarily equate to less support.
                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Think what you want... but there was a lot of suport last time, and very early on as well. Just pointing out THAT fact. No inference at all... just pointing out the lact of support in the thread. Now, people may see this and actually post and vote, but I would guess that in the end, there will be less votes than last time.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

"Best Produced" and "Gaming" categories. Done.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                      "Best Produced" and "Gaming" categories. Done.
                      Thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ View Post
                        Thanks to those who have voted so far!

You are making an inference, not stating a fact. That there have been fewer replies to this thread to date, as compared to the one last year at the same stage in the nomination process, does not necessarily equate to less support.

Is the thread from last year. Inference or whatever, it's obvious from reading both threads that there was a lot more enthusiasm for this last year which I'll bet the mortgage translates into less votes this year.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks to everyone who nominated PolyCast. The review process is to take place over the next month few weeks, after which the Podcast Awards staff will announce the top ten nominees in each category. Whatever the outcome, keep on Civ'in... and listening.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

I didn't see this until after the nominations had been closed. Sorry.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X