Apolyton 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton 08

We've wasted way to many threads already on the presidency of a nation at the end of it's dominance. It could be replaced as the premier nation at any time and we should be ready for any eventuality. SO I PROPOSE APOLYTON 08. An election to end all elections. Please select a running mate and prepare election materials like banners, slogans, and speeches. After a long campaign of about a month (since our attention span is considerably shorter than the average American) and Hold an election. I'll have to think up something appropriate for the winner. Coming up with a voting methodology without an electronic component will be difficult but we'll do what we must.

RULES. It's politics, so there are no stinking rules.

Asher has asked for the privilege of kicking it off.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

I had no idea this would happen! This sudden election has left me scrambling.

Luckily I have discovered some banners.

Vote Asher/Wiglaf.
    Attached Files
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Can we bribe people with pie
      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

RULES. It's politics, so there are no stinking rules
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Vote for me and I promise to destroy democracy and replace it with a far superior system in which the things I want (which, I assure you, are the things you want as well) are my top priority.

My VP will be Fez, because he never liked democracy anyway and because he's not here to refuse the offer.

I will not make a banner because I have no artistic talent and I believe that requiring banners for this competition amounts to anti-semitism.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

While banners aren't required, I'm sure you'll be discriminated against for you lack of artistic talent.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

REAL CHANGE
              QUASI-REAL PEOPLE
              FOR A REAL DIFFERENCE
              Attached Files
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'm going to ask, publicly, for Zkribbler to join my ticket. He will be the VP, because I have more experience on Poly .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I was going to ask Ming, but I wanted to actually have a chance to win.
                  No really, I will ask him to join the TWIN party as my vp, (since I'm the oldest and by definition more experienced)
                  Of course I'm sure he'll have his own opinion on that one.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                    While banners aren't required, I'm sure you'll be discriminated against for you lack of artistic talent.
                    *your

While that may be so, I will not be discriminated against for poor spelling. Which is what was written here the whole time.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Exactly why is this one topped?

Comment

Because I said so. And since this is a political thread, abuse of power should be expected.

And spelling nazi's will be banned
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thank you! They foloow me around evv ery wherre.
                          Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                          Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                          You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Re: Apolyton 08

Originally posted by rah
                            Coming up with a voting methodology without an electronic component will be difficult but we'll do what we must.
                            Uh...you mean like a poll?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              REAL CHANGE
                              QUASI-REAL PEOPLE
                              FOR A REAL DIFFERENCE
                              You saucy clown. Get back on the bottom.

This thread should also be renamed Apolyton Circle Jerk '08 and the winner gets full control of Polycast and DanQ's posting account.

Comment

Working...
                              X