This is the Second Organization Thread for the Pitboss Diplomacy Game: Beyond the Pit
Use the Story Thread for in-game purposes.
CivStats for this game
gmail login for this game
Story Thread Part 1 (July-August)
Story Thread Part 2 (September)
Story Thread Part 3 (October)
Organisation Thread (Part 1)
Organisation Thread (Part 2)
Organisation Thread (Part 3)
LOGOUT (to login with your real or pitboss account)
You can mail to the following mail-addresses:
if plomp.eu mail is down use the alternate address:
[civname]@diplo.plomp.eu.test-google-a.com (instead of [[email protected])
Every 1st day of the month we will start voting for the best players in 3 categories during the last month.
We vote in 3 categories:
1. story telling
3. military strategy
We send in a top-3 list for every category.
Story telling is about submitting interesting stories to the story thread in any format.
Diplomacy is about being able to reach your goals through diplomacy in any way.
Military strategy is about making very tactical strategical moves and decisions. (make sure you post evidence about this in the story thread!)
NB: this category isn't meant only for the war-winners. Someone can lose a war because he's a weaker player, but made some brilliant moves. In this thread we can award him for that. The game-scorelist will reward players for winning wars.
Every player is free to pick 3 players in every category. No more! Less (or none) is possible if you can't choose. It would be cool if you could include reasons for the vote.
Rules for voting:
1. send them in before the end of the month!
2. votes send in after the end of the month do not count
3. players who didn't vote in a specific month will not gain vote-points for that specific month
4. voting happens through the anonymous mail address
5. votes stay unknown till the end of the game (to avoid political votes)
6. votes are being send to [email protected] or [email protected]
[email protected] also works.
7. The mail subject includes "votes round x"
8. You can't vote for yourself
9. The vote-mailbox that receives all votes will remain closed till the game has been finished. Then we will all receive the password and be able to read/count the votes and read the comments.
The #1 in each category earn 3 points, #2 earns 2 points, #3 earns 1 point.
This will result in 4 scorelists (3 above mentioned categories + the gamescore list)
All players will receive points for their position in all of these 4 lists. 18 points for the #1's, 17 points for the #2's, ...... 1 point for the #18's
The sum of these points tells us who won this game.
Conclusion, the winner is determined by:
25% story telling
25% military strategy
- 15 tech trade rule
Every civilization in this game is allowed to trade away 15 techs. It is also allowed to trade away the right to trade a tech to another civilization.
It matters not what the away trading civilization gets in return. It matters not if it is a small technology (ie. fishing) or a big technology (ie. Fusion).
If civ A trades Philosophy to civ B which returns both Monotheism and Masonry, then Civ A loses 1 right to trade a tech away (tech voucher) and Civ B loses 2 rights to trade a tech away (2 tech vouchers).
If Player A trades away Philosophy to civ B which returns the right to trade away a tech, then Civ 1 loses and wins 1 tech voucher (thus: the nr of techs he can trade away remains the same) while Civ B loses 1 right to trade away a tech.
If Civ A gives Theology to Civ B, then Civ A loses 1 right to trade away a tech (loses 1 tech voucher).
- 6 hours time between moving during war-time
Civilizations that are at war have to wait 6 hours between their moves. When all opponents have moved before those 6 hours have passed the player can move as again well.
Thus, a civ at war can move after:
- 6 hours have passed since his last move
- all his opponents have moved after his last move
If any civilization violetes these rules the game will be paused and the concequences will be decided.
If damage has been done then the game will be reloaded back to the last available save on the Pitboss Server. The Pitboss Server saves every turn and keeps all saves till the game has finished.
Possible penalties, besides loading the last save are:
- removing all or a % of the votes the violator receives in a certain month or all months in a certain category or all categories
- The loss of tech vouchers (a few or all)
- removed from the game
- a warning
This depends on the seriousness of the violation, which is not only determined by the damage being done but also by the reasons and attitude of the violater.'