Making air units able to attack multiple times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making air units able to attack multiple times

When I play alphax I usually play on insanely massive planets, and have adjusted all ranges of units and moves per turn and such to keep with the original spirit of the game.

IE: The world is three times as big, so roads yield 7 instead of 3 moves per turn, air units start at 22 moves instead of 16, etc.

But what I want to do is get planes and gravships to be able to attack multiple times, like copters and hover tanks, when they have multiple moves.

Is this hardcoded, or is it a flag that I can't find in alpha.ini?

Re: Making air units able to attack multiple times

Originally posted by RobbieCrash
    But what I want to do is get planes and gravships to be able to attack multiple times, like copters and hover tanks, when they have multiple moves.

Is this hardcoded, or is it a flag that I can't find in alpha.ini?
    This can be done, but the result may not be satisfactory. In this thread, Mart described how to create choppers that behaved like needlejets. His technique can be reversed: In the #CHASSIS section of Alphax.txt, change this line

Needlejet,M1, Penetrator,M1, Interceptor,M1, Tactical,M1, 8, 2, 2, 0, 1, 8, DocAir, Thunderbolt,M1, Sovereign,M1,

to

Needlejet,M1, Penetrator,M1, Interceptor,M1, Tactical,M1, 8, 2, 1, 0, 1, 8, DocAir, Thunderbolt,M1, Sovereign,M1,

Now needlejets can attack multiple times in the same turn. However, they also will crash and be destroyed unless they finish their turn in a base/airbase. I experimented with other values for the range, but couldn't find one that allowed multiple attacks while avoiding crashes. I didn't try to modify gravships, but assume it would work similarly.

You want to look here for a more detailed explanation of how the range value works.

Petek
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

I remember that the conclusion was it's "base range value" determining if the unit with specific chassis (whatever its name) behaved like copter or needlejet. Looks like hardcoded stuff.
      Mart
      Map creation contest
      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Working...
      X