Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm glad I'm not an art student in the States...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad I'm not an art student in the States...

I really don't know what to say. There is something really, really wrong on your side of the Atlantic. We had those classes way back in the early 70's in high school. And no parental approval needed.

Sad
    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

I never had those classes.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

FFS! Our Art teachers showed us Tetsuo the ironman in high school.

Why do Americans hate their bodies so much?
      Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

This is sick.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
          Why do Americans hate their bodies so much?
          If you ever saw me naked, you'd know why.

Comment

Come on, it cant be that bad can it?
            Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Specifically, Mr. Panse was charged with making “comments that students could construe as being of a sexual or personal nature...or using [his] position as a teacher to put students into any situation reasonably likely to make them feel uncomfortable because of the injection of sexuality into...the substance of [his] comments”.
              Mr. Panse was also accused of insubordination since he was supposedly told to not mention these figure drawing classes to his students previously
              I think people seriously need to loosen up a little...
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Some of the comments after the article are pretty funny. My favorite is this:
                people are prunes. thats the problem

Comment

I find it fitting that an art teacher is called Mr Panse.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Hell, my high school just about fired an art teacher because she had a Georgia O'Keefe-style cow skull on her desk. And that was ten years ago.

I don't get people.
                    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
                      Some of the comments after the article are pretty funny. My favorite is this:
                      I liked this one a lot

# rian Says:
                      March 11th, 2006 at 3:39 pm

When will you damned artists learn? Our bodies are shameful and disgusting. It says so right in the Bible. I think page 73.

# dross1260 Says:
                      March 11th, 2006 at 3:40 pm

What about nude animals?

Comment

You're just realizing that a significant number of Americans still have a religious hangup when it comes to sexuality??
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

No, it's Bush's fault.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            No, it's Bush's fault.

well, that too . . . . .
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Working...
                              X