Apolyton Fantasy Football - 2nd League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Fantasy Football - 2nd League

We have people who can't get into the first league so I started this to see if we have enough people wanting to join a second league. Please post here if you're interested, but people who missed out on the first league have first priority to join this one...

Post your intentions asap, I'm not sure when the deadline for creating leagues is due.

I figure the parameters will be similar to the first league but I think it would be nice if this league had 3 defensive players as opposed to team defenses...

I think you can create league at least until the start of the season, so that shouldn't be a problem.

We need about eight players, with one possibly crossing over from the other game to be the commish.

Comment

I have no idea how the NFL style of fantasy league works, but I know a thing or two about the game, and have a friend who plays for Yorkshire so I can ask him if I need some recommendations when it comes to picking the last players in the team. Will I have to be on-line at a certain time to auction for them?

Comment

You know, Imran sent me the FIRST invite for the other league, but because I couldn't get to my email until last night I got shutout. That sucks.

So yes, I'm interested.
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

DoY, you'll need to be online to make the picks. However, if you submit a short list of preferred players, we can keep the chains moving swiftly.

Comment

Sorry Stuie. I just sent out invites to everyone who asked and people signed up.

I'll play, but I don't want to be commish.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Sorry Stuie. I just sent out invites to everyone who asked and people signed up.
              Ah, well. I should of gotten to my gmail sooner. No hard feelings; and if there are, I'll take it out on the Georgia Goonies.
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Okay, I'll commish... Let's see how many people we can get, I think I'll PM Sloth

Looks like we have 5 already and Sloth makes 6, we can go with 10 or 12, not really particular about that.

Comment

Will you be using the team or individual defensive players?

Comment

Ah, well. I should of gotten to my gmail sooner. No hard feelings; and if there are, I'll take it out on the Georgia Goonies.

We could 14 in the Poly 1 league . I outlined a plan of attack there .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Nah, twelve is good. This way, we can have two balanced leagues.

Comment

As posted in the other thread, this will be a great chance to try rule/scoring/roster variations, sort of a playtest lab so we can see how it affects scoring balance. Individual defenders, different roster configs, RB/QB/WR scoring etc.

I'm in the other league (sorry, Stuie) and would add this one if needed to fill it out.

Berz, with FFZ down, you should check with Ming and rah.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

FFZ is back up, Jrabbit .

Comment

We could always make a third league

Comment

Imran, I was just trying to pre-set some categories at Yahoo and we're only allowed 15 offensive categories. That means we can't have all the stats we'd want. For example, one of the sacrificed stats might be rushing attempts. Incomplete passes might be another - damn Yahoo gives is more than 15 stats and won't let us use them all.

Duke, yes, that will be the main difference between the 2 poly leagues, the other one has a team defense and this one will allow individual defensive players to be picked.

I have the league name and password but I want to wait for people who aren't in the other league to sign on since they should get first shot... I'll PM Sloth, Stuie,and Duke the info for now...

Comment

Working...
                              X