King
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    17:46

Kerrys hypocrisy

Kerrys hypocrisy

WASHINGTON (AP) - John Kerry, the Democratic presidential nominee-in-waiting, challenged the Bush administration Saturday to reimburse the families of U.S. troops "who had to buy the body armor" needed for protection in Iraq.
    "If I am president, I will be prepared to use military force to protect our security, our people and our vital interests," the Massachusetts senator said in the Democrats' weekly radio address.
    "But I will never send our troops into harm's way without enough firepower and support."

This is the same man who voted against almost every significant weapons system proposed over the last thirty years. I am seriously angry by the blatant and unconscionable electioneering. While I toyed with the idea of supporting a Democrat due to Bushs seeming indifference to the plight of the common man, I see no point in supporting Kerry. We can not count on a man who would lie so openly in the public face, Bush may be unconcerned, Kerry is openly contemptuous of our ability to reason for ourselves.
    Last edited by Capt Dizle; March 6, 2004 at 15:08.

Wezil
    Country
    This is Wezil's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    Yet another American unsatisfied with the either/or option.

Vote 3rd party/fringe. Won't elect your candidate but you can feel better about your choice.

Neither the Dems or Reps own your vote.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Imran Siddiqui
    Sports Forum Moderator Imran Siddiqui's Avatar
    Country
    This is Imran Siddiqui's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    This is the same man who voted against almost every significant weapons system proposed over the last thirty years.

Cite?
    I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Verto
    Country
    This is Verto's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    It's been mentioned several times in the media, for what that's worth. I'm not going to bother finding a source for it though.

Imran Siddiqui
    Sports Forum Moderator Imran Siddiqui's Avatar
    Country
    This is Imran Siddiqui's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    Well, voting against SDI, at the least isn't that bad, because many believe it won't work. So you can give him a pass for that.
    I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Capt Dizle
    King
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    Running For Senate In 1984, Kerry Called For Cancellation Of At Least 27 Weapons Systems And Reductions In 18 Other Systems. [Kerry] recommended cancellation of 27 weapons systems including the B1 bomber, the cruise missile, MX missile, Trident submarine, Patriot air defense missile, F15 fighter plane, Sparrow missile, stealth bomber and Pershing II missile. He recommended reductions in 18 other systems including the joint tactical air system, the Bradley fighting vehicle, the M1 Abrams tank and the F16 fighter plane.

Capt Dizle
    King
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    Kerry Voted Against At Least Eleven Military Pay Increases

As Senator, Kerry Also Pushed To Cut Intelligence Funding By More Than $2.58 Billion

Capt Dizle
    King
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    Kerry voting record against everything military is so extensive it brings to mind the line, was it Stalin's?, One death is a tragedy, one million a footnote.

In Kerry's case, his record is so mind numbing as to numb the mind.

Oncle Boris
    Country
    This is Oncle Boris's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    Jimmytrick, you're being silly. Giving enough firepower to your men doesn't mean you need to back SDI and ICBM programs. Existing technology, which costs much less, is sufficient.

There are many armies with much less budget than the American who would have given body armour to their soldiers.
    "The boastful seeks the company of parasites." (Spinoza)

Capt Dizle
    King
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by Oncle Boris
    Jimmytrick, you're being silly. Giving enough firepower to your men doesn't mean you need to back SDI and ICBM programs. Existing technology, which costs much less, is sufficient.

There are many armies with much less budget than the American who would have given body armour to their soldiers.
    And you accuse me of being silly. This hasn't anything to do with SDI or ICBM systems. And your comment, insinuating that our military was intentionlly ill armed, would be enough to get your nose bloodied if you uttered it in my presence or in the presence of the vast majority of Americans.

Wezil
    Country
    This is Wezil's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    I suspect you really aren't as undecided as you claim Jimmy.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Oncle Boris
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by jimmytrick

And you accuse me of being silly. This hasn't anything to do with SDI or ICBM systems. And your comment, insinuating that our military was intentionlly ill armed, would be enough to get your nose bloodied if you uttered it in my presence or in the presence of the vast majority of Americans.
    Are you a paralogician or a sophist?

First you need to specify which programs he voted against. I doubt things like body armour and choice of guns get down to the Congress, or the Senate, or any political power. The decision is made by the military authorities.

So, I insinuated that your military has been voluntarily ill armed? Well, I don't see what's wrong, especially given that someone, somewhere, makes a decision about what weapons will be used, and that perfectly fits into my definition of 'voluntary'.

Shi Huangdi
    Country
    This is Shi Huangdi's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    Not only has Kerry not supported SDI, he has also not supported most of the major weapons systems that are used today such as the F-16 and has consistently tried to slash defense and intelligence funding.

Irman:

Check this out for a record of the votes that John Kerry has made:

http://www.rnc.org/RNCResearch/Read.aspx?ID=3412
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Oncle Boris
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    Fine. Does that mean he wouldn't have given friggin BODY ARMOURS to his men?

BTW I love the Republican arguments:

"Kerry is against the death penalty"

"Kerry is an extreme environmentalist".

mrmitchell
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    16:46
    Thanks for that link Shi. It is obvious that "rnc.org" is only a parody organization trying to play real Republicans as incompetent extremists. Without your link to their mock summary of John Kerry, I might have believed them to be the real GOP in the future.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Pax
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    22:46
    Most of the weapons you cited are high end weapons there is some debate as to whether or not we need more low end capability.
    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

DinoDoc
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time

Re: Kerrys hypocrisy

Originally posted by jimmytrick
    Kerrys hypocrisy

WASHINGTON (AP) - John Kerry, the Democratic presidential nominee-in-waiting, challenged the Bush administration Saturday to reimburse the families of U.S. troops "who had to buy the body armor" needed for protection in Iraq.
    "If I am president, I will be prepared to use military force to protect our security, our people and our vital interests," the Massachusetts senator said in the Democrats' weekly radio address.
    "But I will never send our troops into harm's way without enough firepower and support."

This is the same man who voted against almost every significant weapons system proposed over the last thirty years.
    See if I was going to troll about this I would have pointed out his vote on the $87 billion spending bill for Iraq that had funding for this very equipment.

Oncle Boris
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time

Re: Re: Kerrys hypocrisy

Originally posted by DinoDoc
    See if I was going to troll about this I would have pointed out his vote on the $87 billion spending bill for Iraq that had funding for this very equipment.
    Did it? If that is, he's truly dumb.

Admiral
    Country
    This is Admiral's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    Many of the weapons systems that Kerry voted against are cash cows whose existence would not positively effect the US's ability to conduct the type of combat operation currently being undertaken.
    "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Kuciwalker
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    Such as the Stealth Bomber? The F-15?

DinoDoc
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time

Re: Re: Re: Kerrys hypocrisy

Did it? If that is, he's truly dumb.
    Kerry likes having it both ways on any issue.

Oncle Boris
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kerrys hypocrisy

Originally posted by DinoDoc
    Kerry likes having it both ways on any issue.
    Well, if these funds were really meant to 'refund body armours', then it was a silly move from him.

However, it still may be true that he would refund the families with a separate program.

Oncle Boris
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by skywalker
    Such as the Stealth Bomber? The F-15?
    Stealth aircraft is militarily insignificant. Do they really need them to drop their fragmentation bombs?

Kuciwalker
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    Stealth planes were a critical component of the first Iraq war. They are not "insignificant".

Capt Dizle
    King
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time

Stealth aircraft is militarily insignificant. Do they really need them to drop their fragmentation bombs?
    So that goes to the point, if you are taking the stance that military technology is insignificant, then you must be either uneducated or intellectually dishonest, I suspect the latter, but in any case I will not such as you frame this or any other debate. It would be pointless.

Ned
    Country
    This is Ned's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    14:46
    Kerry's a worldview on America is that America is the problem not the solution. He consistently takes the side of Communist rgimes and opposes all forms of resistance to communism. He was (and still is) an advocate of the North Vietnamese and the Sandinistas. During the Cold War he opposed every weapon system that would give American the advantage over our Communist opponent.

When Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait, Kerry was against removing him. Kerry was opposed to even protecting Saudi Arabia. Kerry saw no American interests in keeping the world's oil supply out the hands of a fascist madman.

When Kerry's campaign was in dire straits just prior to the Iowa caucuses, Kerry called in a number of liberal media folks and explained to them that had he been president we would have never gone to war against Saddam Hussein. Let us repeat that. He said, "Never." He did not say that he would've gone with French support.

Kerry has been among Israel's harshest critics to audiences other then Jews to whom he denies ever having criticized Israel.

If you like a pro Communist, anti-American anti-Israeli president, and Kerry is your man.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

DinoDoc
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kerrys hypocrisy

Well, if these funds were really meant to 'refund body armours', then it was a silly move from him.

However, it still may be true that he would refund the families with a separate program.
    Voting against funding the very thing you are complaining about not being funded is an intellectually consistent position to you?

Pax
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    22:46
    Originally posted by Ned
    Kerry's a worldview on America is that America is the problem not the solution. He consistently takes the side of Communist rgimes and opposes all forms of resistance to communism. He was (and still is) an advocate of the North Vietnamese and the Sandinistas. During the Cold War he opposed every weapon system that would give American the advantage over our Communist opponent.

When Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait, Kerry was against removing him. Kerry was opposed to even protecting Saudi Arabia. Kerry saw no American interests in keeping the world's oil supply out the hands of a fascist madman.

When Kerry's campaign was in dire straits just prior to the Iowa caucuses, Kerry called in a number of liberal media folks and explained to them that had he been president we would have never gone to war against Saddam Hussein. Let us repeat that. He said, "Never." He did not say that he would've gone with French support.

Kerry has been among Israel's harshest critics to audiences other then Jews to whom he denies ever having criticized Israel.

If you like a pro Communist, anti-American anti-Israeli president, and Kerry is your man.
    1. Right now, in the U.S. press there is article after article pointing to the facts that Saudi Arabia is not much of an ally. Not a democracy. The 9/11 bombers were mainly Saudi Arabian. It makes more since to sponsor a regime change to the Arabic country with ties to 9/11. Yet we did not.

2. What should it matter to the average U.S. citizen if Kerry is pro or anti israel. I don't see any benefits from being pro israel although there is a benefit to being fair to both parties which we don't seem to be. When you are fair to both parties then you have credibility we don't have it. The question should be can Kerry get us some credibility as being a fair arbitrator between both parties or can he at least do a better job than President Bush. I find it troubling when the rhetoric from washington comes back everytime a Israel conducts an attack, builds a wall, and etc, the administration says "we are troubled" or "deeply concerned" by the recent events on the other side. The Palestinians are condemned for every suicide bomber, for every act berated and punished. It makes me wonder who's the hypocrite.

3. I doubt Kerry is pro communist. His wife is a big time capitalist. Just because he does not see communism as inherently evil does not make him pro communist.

4. As of today, there are no weapons of mass destruction the american people were promised. That leads me to believe that as of today, Kerry would have been right not to go to war with Iraq.

5. The U.S. has a technological advantage that is years ahead of the Iraqi's. At a certain point the effectiveness per dollar goes down. Why would you need the most expensive stealth aircraft to do X amount damage when a cheaper aircraft could get the same results and still come home safe.
    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

The Mad Monk
    Country
    This is The Mad Monk's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time

Sick

Originally posted by Admiral
    Many of the weapons systems that Kerry voted against are cash cows whose existence would not positively effect the US's ability to conduct the type of combat operation currently being undertaken.
    You mean, like the Abrams and the Bradley?
    "We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.

mrmitchell
    Thanks
    Local Date
    December 22, 2014
    Local Time
    He consistently takes the side of Communist rgimes and opposes all forms of resistance to communism.
    Ned, having problems getting over the Cold War?
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast