Random Lockup/Freeze fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Lockup/Freeze fix

***************edited does not work for some reason changing this allowed me to play 1 game for over an hour, 45min at least longer then before, but now every game after this I've played it still locks up even changing the APG apature size***************

This fix was posted on Rise of Nation Heavens messageboard, and credit goes to Dropbear67.

The AGP "cache" in the BIOS was set to 64MB. I changed it to 256MB and it has fixed the problems..
    This fixed the freezing/lockup issue I was experiencing about 5-20min randomly into the game. I can't beleive the this would fix it, or cause it, but it did for me.

This should not have needed to be changed, and can improve or decrease the performance in other games. If you have questions on what this setting does or how to change it then reffer to this guide:

Not all bios' allow you to change what is normally reffered to as your AGP Aperture Size, but if you were experiencing lockups after you started the game then this might fix it if you change it from whatever it was to 256mb.

To enter your BIOS, you normally have to hit the 'del' before windows even attempts to load up. If you see the windows screen loading up, then it's too late and you've missed your chance to enter the bios. Different manufacturers will sometimes change the key to the 'F1' or another 'F' key sometimes, and you'll have to find out from them how to get into your bios.

If you can't find it in your bios then your motherboard manufacturer will not allow you to change it.

Please post if this has fixed your Random Lockup/Freeze problems, or if it still locksup or freezes after you start up a game and play it.
    Last edited by BigWillee; June 9, 2003, 21:02.
Working...
X