Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anybody `Destroyed a Planet?

Hello Again
    Just a Quick one, I`ve been playing Moo3 for months now but have never had the option highlighted that lets me `Destroy Planet! so I usually go for the bombard planet option. My question is has anybody obtained the option to destroy planet and if so how and also will it show a movieclip like the steller converter option in Moo2!!! what happens when you do destroy a planet?

You need to get to tech level 50 and have the game give you the stellar converter tech. This is quite difficult with the bug that prevents techs from ever progressing beyond the prototype phase that happens later in the game.

Assuming you do get the stellar converter, put it on a very heavy or higher mount(I'm not sure about this so play it safe and put it on an ultra heavy spinal mount) on a planetkiller mission ship, then deploy the taskforce, and on the bombardment screen the destroy planet button will light up.

Since artificial planets are not in this game I probably won't destroy any planets, but i'll try it out and see what happens atleast once, again provided that I can get the tech.

Comment

Whoha, the bug you describe is not working exactly as you think .... The techs do go into prototype and are researched. Only the numbers in the counters are wrong so you do not know when they will be researched. Some may need ~40 turns....
      Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Yes, AFAIR I have done it once to one of my Enemies.

As far as my Memory goes it isn´t very spectacular. Just turns the Planet into toxic or the like. Not even a nice AVI. If you have enough firepower to dstroy the whole planet with conventional eapons, better do it this way
        (I did it only once in all my games and this just out of curiosity. It ust isn´t worth dedicating a Flet for this purpose to turn lanets which are good Places for Colonization (aftr yu removed the remains of the former Inhabitants) into a wasteland )
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Thanks chaps
          My tech level is about 30 or so at the moment so I`ll keep going and see what happens. Have to say I got a new PC a few weeks ago and M003 plays much faster than before so i wont have to wait long.

Comment

So I see it was more fun to destory planets in MOO2.
            By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

I bought a copy of moo2 AFTER buying moo3 because of the reviews comparing moo2 to3
              And I have to say it is much more difficult to win, its got some great little graphics nad when you destroy a planet you get a nice little avi movie clip amd THEN you can use the resulting asteroid field to CREATE a NEW planet !!!! WOW>>>>>>>

Comment

Yep,
                destroying Planets was a great way to get rid of toxic or minerally poor Planets in MOO2
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

And the planet you built from the rubble was always large, no matter the size of the previous planet. That always impressed me .
                  http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Working...
                  X