Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of trade routes

Just a comment for further changes...

If there was a galactic empire, I think that the number of trade routes would be limited specifically by certain factors. I am not sure what are these factors presently, it's not clear to me. But I looked to it and got my conclusions about how it'd work in a galactic system (pretty much like now).

I believe that in reality, your business is limited in function of your relationships with people around and how closed or opened they are. It's the same thing on your side. So you may have more or less trade routes with each civ depending on your business relation with them. Of course, if you have one route to start with and perhaps up to 4 or 5 later on, I guess each trade route is supposed to be worth less. I believe that this would bring alot to GalCiv, as the gathering of new markets has always been an important issue throughout history, from China's Opium War (opened by force) to diplomatic/economic threats/agreements, or by gradually better diplomatic relations.

This, I believe, is the reality of trade routes. And in fact, what it brings is a bonus or malus on your economy, short term and/or long term (since it can hinder the development). Of course, it should be adapted in an easy way in the game.
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!
Working...
X