In-game notifications of DOWs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-game notifications of DOWs

Sorry, I was the original poster on this thread but I got some kind of error while posting. Anyways, here's my point:

I have a major request that has bothered me since the game came out. I really, really want to know when a civ declares war on another civ, even if I'm not connected to either of them in any way. I hate finding out 10-20 turns late that two empires declared war on each other.

I play a lot of Paradox games (Europa Universalis 2, Hearts of Iron 2) and in those games you have a long checklist of what type of notifications you would like for each type of event. That way you can customize how many and what types of messages you receive during the game. Now, I'm not asking for something anywhere near as detailed as what Paradox uses, but a simple "notify me when other Civs declare war" checkbox is greatly needed. As well, it would be nice to see when they make peace (though I think I have seen this in the game already) or even when a planet changes hands.

You get the idea, and given the simplicity of implementing such an option, I would really be curious why it wouldn't be included or added in a patch.

Ah, the EU II event log & notification: The obvious reference for any TBS ...

Back to GC, I'm really wondering why they did not include this basic feature in the 1.11 patch there was already so many people complaining about that.
    Better than playing blitz chess and piano simultaneously: Warcraft III

Comment

You only see the others declaring war when you invested espionage on them. If you didn't spy a civ, you won't be warned if they go at war with another.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbazoul
        You only see the others declaring war when you invested espionage on them. If you didn't spy a civ, you won't be warned if they go at war with another.
        Do you mean you have a notification popup when a civ you are spying declare war or peace with an other civ ?

Anyway it's still possible to see if a civ is at war or at peace with an other using the "treaty" thumb in the diplo screen even if you did not spent a single bc on spying any civ !

So it's a matter of consistency: either no information at all or proper notification.

Also we are bugged by achievement of tech/prod capitals, why not war/peace ?

Comment

Originally posted by Leuenberg
          Ah, the EU II event log & notification: The obvious reference for any TBS ...
          Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not... the EU2 system is superb, and allows the player to heavily control and customize the amount of information coming to them during the game to keep them updated on what they care about, while not letting themselves get overwhelmed by things they don't care about. It allows the game message system to adapt to vastly different play styles. Of course, EU2 flows in realtime (when it isn't paused) while GalCiv2 is a TBS game, but the basic principle is a good one.

Originally posted by Leuenberg
          Anyway it's still possible to see if a civ is at war or at peace with an other using the "treaty" thumb in the diplo screen even if you did not spent a single bc on spying any civ !

So it's a matter of consistency: either no information at all or proper notification.

Also we are bugged by achievement of tech/prod capitals, why not war/peace ?
          Exactly! The information is already available, but instead of having to check the treaty page every turn it would be much easier to simply be informed when it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Hansolo88
            Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not... the EU2 system is superb[...]
            How could I ?

Yes, superb is the appropriate word, it's surprising it has not become a standard for any TBS (unashamed fanboy of EU II speaking )

Comment

Working...
            X