Battrick: free online cricket management game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battrick: free online cricket management game

I don't know if this interests any of you, but there is a fun cricket management sim available

Battrick

I've been playing a few weeks and its intriguing me. A new season is just about to start so its an ideal time to sign up if anyone is interested (getting a team takes a few days.) You buy and sell players, choose training, arrange friendlies and organise your squad for each match. If any of you have tried the football sim hattrick it is inspired by that but not quite as complex.

Its definitely a long-term game as you play one league game per rl week (plus one cup or friendly.) It will take multiple seasons to get a strong squad together capable of winning consistently and challenging for promotion into higher leagues. I joined with only 4 games left last season and unsurprisingly it was too late to avoid demotion. Its going to take me this season to get back to where I started!

You can choose to play for any of the major cricketing nations, but its worth picking one that suits your playing hours. I chose New Zealand to be in the same country as a friend of mine, but the downside is that watching the games live is impossible (unless I want to stay up very late as a one day league game runs from about 22:30 GMT to 04:30)

You can become a battrick "supporter" for a small sum of money but it does not give you in-game benefits over free-to-play teams. Instead you get access to a club homepage, extra stats, quick links etc to make it a fuller experience.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré
Working...
X