• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis vs Alan Wake

You all know Crysis:

But have you heard about Alan Wake:

http://www.alanwake.co.uk./news/67/A...n-At-IDF-2006/

The graphics looks just as amazing (from what I could tell, from that lowres video). I still believe Crysis will be the better game (at least based on what we know now), but it still looks worth to keep an eye on
    This space is empty... or is it?

Actually to me its more like "You all know Alan Wake, but have you heard about Crysis".

I have only seen a few shots and videos on Crysis, but Alan Wake I have seen quite a lot. I think this must be the case for most people here too.
    be free

Comment

I'm somewhat familiar with both, but I think saying one will be better than the other is another case of apples to oranges comparison. Crysis is a first person shooter, while Alan Wake seems more like an adventure game. I'm looking forward to them both.
      Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Not sure why these are natural choices for a head to head.

Comment

I'm sure there are other better games on the horizon, there are action games (fps to be specific) that I'm more interested in getting than these two

Originally posted by Quillan
          Crysis is a first person shooter, while Alan Wake seems more like an adventure game. I'm looking forward to them both.
          But they still have some parts in common, as both are about action, and they're both games with a very large environment

I've only heard very little about Alan Wake. Is it more like GTA or as Far Cry, or something completely different?
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

From what I've heard, it sounds like survival-horror game. Something like Silent Hill or Resident Evil.
            Last edited by Nostromo; October 30, 2006, 21:10.
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Adiago, neither GTA or Far-Cry, probably a mix of both.

There is another game with graphics on the same level, an FPS set in a fantasy world, can't remember the name of it right now..
              be free

Comment

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic? Its a POS.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

The demo is pretty impressive, btw. The gamepad they use looks a lot like a xbox 360 gamepad.

Comment

No its not that one, I have not heard of that one.
                    be free

Comment

Gothic 3, then? Another bug filled POS from what I've heard.

Comment

nope, its got this video of a huge beast attacking with a club or something, and you with a nice shiny sword.
                        be free

Comment

Working...
                        X