FG: (WOD) Rise of the Second Sun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG: (WOD) Rise of the Second Sun.

this is a condensed version of white wolf's new world of darkness rules, for ease of play online in such a forum. should anyone from white wolf see this, i'm a fan, and no challenge or infringement is intended. honest. we're just trying to play your game. and have some fun.

so basically, the Storyteller presents the scene to the players, and the players post their reactions and things they would like to do, and the storyteller scripts the action from there. any interaction between players, such as combat, is done by PM through the Storyteller, and the result is posted by the Storyteller.

Characters:
    everyone needs one, obviously, but what does all this gibberish mean?

name: character's name.
    player: you.
    concept:sort of an archtype of your character. is he a college student, a rocket scientist, or a martial artist?
    virtue and vice: everyone has their own defining virtue and vice. charity, faith, fortitude, hope, justice, prudence, temperance, envy, gluttony, greed, lust, pride, sloth and wrath. your respective virtue and vice are your key to restoring your willpower (i'll get to that in a moment. for those that are familiar with the old system, this replaces nature and demeanor).

morality: rated from one to ten, this represents your compassion for your fellow man, and your respect for the law. each rating has a threshold of sinful behavior, commit such a sin and you run the risk of degenerating to a more criminal state. you can also acquire mental and emotional ailments, the further down you slide, called 'derangements.'

health: how much physical punisment your can withstand. equal to your stamina plus your size.

willpower: your short term drive, and your general mental and emotional zest. willpower can be used for a few things, which will be explained later. some supernatural effects may sap your willpower instead of your health. equal to your resolve and composure

size: adult human = 5.
    speed: strength + dexterity + 5. useful thing to know if something's chasing you. just remember that you don't have to be faster than what you're against; just the other people in the crowd who are also running away as well.
    initiative: dexterity + composure. used in determining who goes first, should two people decide to act at the same time. if two characters with the same initiative wish to do something first, the player who PMs the Storyteller first gets the first chance to act or react.
    defense: lower value of wits or dexterity. represents ducking and weaving in a fight.
    armor: smoke 'em if you got 'em. can protect you from damage, etc.

attributes: the nuts and bolts of the system. each dot represnts your aptitude in a give area. one is poor, two is considered average, three is good, four is exceptional, five is outstanding. something of an exponential scale.

i'll post a more in-depth explanation of things, and give a sample character tomorrow morning. in the mean time, i'd like some feedback from y'all to see what you think, and if this is doable. it'll allow more for player interaction. yes, there will be dice rolling, but i'll do the majority of that as the impartial third party, and to remove a chance to abuse the system.

tomorrow: in-depth explanation of vice and virtue, morality and derangements, willpower, and just how to go about doing things. i hope.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]
Working...
X