Merging some CTP1 into CTP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merging some CTP1 into CTP2

With the regular game (and most of the mods) you start to runaway and hide from the AI at the end of the game. If you are lucky, you may have one civ that is relatively close.

What I'm trying to do is to help the AI civs. Three real quick ideas off of the top of my head are to make spies more prevalent, capturing technologies, and with the Internet wonder.

In CTP1, the AI seemed to use spies much more effectively. I had techs stolen many times. How could this string be reintroduced or increased?

The Internet wonder was great in CTP1. I think it would have been better served to call it hacking. If the AI was behind you, it could build this wonder for free techs. It also forced you perforce to build it if you were ahead to keep the AI from getting it. How could it be reinstalled into the game but give the AI a greater chance to build it?

Finally, in CTP 1 when you captured a city you had a chance to steal some techs from the conquered city. Late it the game this would be a huge bonus to the AI if they could acquire techs this way. Again, how is this done?

My hope is that they could be implemented into existing mods to make the late game not so boring and tedious. Since this was in CTP1 and (from what I understand) it's basically the same code, couldn't some of the strings just be cut and pasted into CTP2? I'm not a programmer (nor do I play one on TV), so any help would be appreciated.
    The wall of the Achaians
Working...
X