X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call to Power 2 Preview: Day 7

After Day 6, Day 7...

Editor Documentation
    There is currently no readme for the map/editor. It seems that there wont be anything "in the box" as well. Activision is working on it though:

Dave White wrote on a mail replying to me about it
    We're working on some extensive documentation for SLIC, the scenario editor and the save game files. Once they're all done we'll make them available on-line.

Editor Experiences
    An "extensive documentation" is definitely needed. My first try to play around with the editor ended up to a scenario that crashes ctp2(but since user created scenarios are not supported by Activision, it doesnt count as a bug ). My second try came out much better, I might be the first man to release a scenario for ctp2

Map Sizes/World Map
    The map sizes are:
    Small 24x48
    Regular 48x96
    Huge 64x128
    Gigantic 70x140

The size of the World Map is "gigantic". It's not as detailed as I could be. 70x140 is not enough...

Diplomacy: The Friendly Side
    In the first game, others civ had very low regard towards me, basically because i was being a bad boy In the second one I was a bit more careful, and actually made no-trespassing agreements with 3 civs. Except from a couple settlers moving around the AI honors them(or at least the specific personalities of those civs). With two of them, I later advanced to a peace treaty. With the other I broke the agreement myself, declared war, took all of his cities except from two and then offered a cease fire and a peace treaty, which he gladly accepted

Diplomacy: The Ugly Side
    The ugly side is having a proposal rejected. Being rejected without geting a reason really sucks... Some kind of note from my "intelligence minister" or whatever would help... On the other hand these rejections make the acceptance of a proposal feel better )

Diplomacy: Treaties
    Information from the manual
    • Declare War: This is a pledge to declare war on the empire you specify. You will be prompted to name the empire you intend to declare war on.
    • Cease-Fire: This is a proposal to end all fighting between you and another empire. If both empires agree to a cease-fire, they must refrain from attacking any units or cities.
    • Peace Treaty: This is a proposal to not only stop any fighting between nations, but to actually declare a state of peace between them. A peace treaty signifies that there is no conflict between nations.
    • Trade Pact: This is a proposal to enter into a trade agreement with another nation. Two empires that sign a trade pact get a bonus for each trade route they have between each other's cities.
    • Research Pact: This agreement gives both nations who sign it a bonus to their science.
    • Military Pact: This is a pledge to come to the aid of another nation should they require military assistance. If you sign a military pact, you will be expected to provide military assistance should the other signer need it.
    • Pollution Pact: This is an agreement to keep pollution below a certain level. You will be prompted to specify the level. Two nations who agree to this pact are obligated to take measures to curb the total pollution their cities create and maintain it at or below the level specified.
    • Alliance: An alliance is the supreme achievement of diplomacy in Call To Power 2. An alliance is actually a combination of agreements, treaties, and pacts that signify a robust and long-term partnership between two empires. If you enter into an alliance with another nation, both of you must abide by the terms of a peace treaty and a military pact.
    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; January 17, 2011, 18:11.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog
Working...
X