Ongoing CTD Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ongoing CTD Error

Hello everyone, I've read the previous threads about the CTD error. They are all very helpful, and I've followed all the advice and my favourite Civ game still does not work for me. It used to work just fine, I've fixed the CTD error in the past simply by reinstalling.

Now it seems I'm out of luck. The game used to run when I had an nVidia Geforce 6200, but I just recently upgraded to an ATI Radeon HD 4650. Now, all the advice on this helpful forum are for nVidia drivers, which would have done me good in the past but now I can't translate the directions into ATI lingo. Meaning, I hardly know how my new card works and I don't know my way around it like I did for the nVidia.

I have an old, modest, yet good quality Dell desktop. Dimension 4600 I think. About 3 gigs of RAM, a good internet connection, 2.8 gHz processing speed. I've been upgrading it alot as I've had the box now for over 6 years.

Please, could someone help me? This problem is very annoying and I've done all I can to fix it but it just isn't enough. I got the hack, the patch, and the compatibility. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Working...
X