The case for the later granary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The case for the later granary

Well, I mean, sheesh. Most city imps, like aqueducts and walls and markets, if you want to add another one to the game (like "Sewer", "Fair", "Forge", or "Gun Emplacement") you just add it into Improvements.txt (appropriate changes to other files) and add your flags.

But not the Granary. You can only have one. I've tried.

It is wonderfully powerful - doubles your city growth. That kind of effect would be cool in the mid-game, with a sort of "Green Revolution" in the Modern/Genetic Era ("Frankenfood" for any millenial Europeans).

But instead, it comes at the very beginning. Every player builds them in every city from the very start of the game. Why bother with it at all? Are you ever in a position where you DON'T want to build it? Or where you'd rather build lots of other stuff? Hell, I usually rush-buy them as early as possible.

Proposal: Move the granary to the late game. If you want to have cities grow faster at the beginning, just reduce the amount of food a city needs to grow (in Const.txt, I think?) at the beginning. Maybe to 8, and then the granary will later lower it to 4. (assuming the original value is 10, etc...)

Wheathin
Working...
X