My colors00.txt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My colors00.txt

I was never very happy about the original colors00.txt and the ones made available on Apolyton. The players' colors had to be displayed on to many different background colors so there would always be some background on which they would be almost invisible. I could not change the background of the message box so I decided that the background colors for the radar map had to be similar to the message box. I don't know about other players but I never use the radar map to see exactly what terrain type is where, so one color for land and another for ocean would be enough. This allowed me to make 16 different player colors that would all show up on the radar map and would be different enough for people to not accidentally attack units of their friends because they look too much like their enemy. Before I tried these colors in the game I first made a gif in which I tried all the colors to see if they would show up on the radar map and also to see if the city population would be readable on them. I have inserted that gif in this message so you can see for yourself if you like the colors before you download my colors00.txt. The left column has from top to bottom the colors for land, ocean, unexplored terrain and barbarian red. On the terrain colors I have dots in the players' colors so that you can see that they show up on the radar map. In the middle and right columns you can see the 16 players' colors. I used the white numbers to test if the city populations would show up on the map. Please let me know if you like my colors or what you don't like about them. If you like these colors you can download my colors00.txt at http://home.planet.nl/~belt0018/colors00.txt

Working...
X