Something not often mentioned.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something not often mentioned.....

On behalf of the Freeciv non-development community I would just like to say thanks to all the developers for providing and continuously improving Freeciv. I’ve been playing Freeciv since late last year and its one game I come back to time after time.

I personally use the Linux version whilst my friends use the Windoze port. We never have any problems with setting up the server on my Linux box and my friends connecting to it via TCP/IP from Window$. Hell! We’ve even played a game hosted on my machine with two others connected via the LAN and another person connected via the metaserver.

One more thing, it seems some people really do miss the point of Linux. Years ago a friend of mine tried to push me unsuccessfully into using Linux alongside Windows, I just didn’t see the point in it all. It was not until I started University I started to use and appreciate Linux and the community over that M$ crap. What I’m saying is people need to discover Linux on their own, anyone with more than a casual interest in computers surely will and if they don’t well its their loss isn’t it .

Well a fairly long and boring first post. Sorry ‘bout that just wanted to get it off my chest! Looking forward to the new version.

Thanks again,

<a href="http://www.mitzi.f2s.com" target="_blank"></a>
Working...
X