Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st try an a faction, need peoples evaluation

Hi,

Well I have finally worked around all the bug in the faction editor and figured out how to modify graphic, what I am needing now is some outside people to take a look at my new faction abilities and see if you think they are balanced.

The faction is a terraformer/natural resource faction, probably been done a 100 times before but it seemed like a good place for me to start.

-2 Planet
    +1 Industry

Free former at start
    Free unity Mining laser at start

Free tech: Cent. Ecology

Free upgrades when appropiete tech level is reached: fungicidal tanks and super formers

Can't use Green econmics (duh)

Raise/lower terrian cost reduced

What little playing I have done with them, they seem weak, mindworms early (-20% to psi attacks from -2 planet) and pollution late gives them fits (the drawbacks of no green and -2 planet)

In thier current incarnation I have also added free recycling tanks with the approprite tech. so they get a good strong start, but don't have any special abilities to control drones and no increased abilities in support, so it is somewhat hard to build up an effective military early (at least for me, I'm a hybrid/builder if you can't tell). Think I'll keep the recycling tanks seem to give them something they were lacking.

I have also recently experimented with an 80% hurry modifier (everything is 20% cheaper to buy) but I have a feeling that is way too much of a good thing but was wanting to give them a little something else. The more I type about them the more it seems I may have overdone it.. oppions requested.

------------------
    "Power does not corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

"Power doesn't corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"
Working...
X