X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anecdotal evidence
    A limited
    selection of examples which support or refute an argument, but which are not supported by scientific or statistical analysis.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• There is scientific, statistical and anecdotal evidence
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Thanks captain obvious...
        The point is, you use anecdotal evidence because there isn't any scientific or statistical supporting your point of view
        And the scientific and statistical evidence that is available totally disagrees with your anecdotal evidence
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• This sums it up pretty nicely...

Personal anecdotes are often the primary ammunition of those who deny science. If you ask anyone in the alternative medicine or anti-vaccine movements for their evidence, you will almost certainly get flooded with anecdotes. A quick internet search will reveal countless people who are insisting that totally worthless treatments like homeopathy work because they took them and then felt better. These accounts are often accompanied by emotional stories about how they “tried everything but only [insert nonsense miracle cure] worked.” Similarly, I frequently encounter people who are adamant that detox solutions aren’t scams or that organic food is better than GMOs because “they just feel healthier when they eat organic/use the detox supplement.”

Anti-vaccers are probably the worst group for using anecdotes. They use personal anecdotes to blame vaccines for every ailment imaginable, but they don’t just stop there. For them, collections of reported symptoms such as the vaccine
          package inserts, VAERS, and cases from the NVICP are the gold standards of evidence that vaccines are bad. Those sources are, however, really just collections anecdotes. Similarly, even when anti-vaccers attempt to use the scientific literature, they often end up accumulating case reports, which are essentially glorified anecdotes.

All of this would be fine if anecdotes were actually useful pieces of evidence, but they aren’t. As I will explain in this post, they are worthless, and if your argument is built on anecdotes, then your argument should be rejected
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            There is scientific, statistical and anecdotal evidence
            For HCQ

Comment

• You have yet to post anything but anecdotal evidence
              Nowhere have you posted actual scientific and statistical studies that haven't been debunked.
              You have posted "supposed scientific" studies that won't provide the actual data...
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Scientic evidence is from FDA quote I posted. Statistical evidence has also been posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                  Scientic evidence is from FDA quote I posted. Statistical evidence has also been posted.

Your statistical evidence was from a debunked study... and the rest has been anecdotal evidence
                  I'm too lazy to double check your FDA quote... please repost it so we have a chance to see if it's old and has since updated or whether you took something out of context... both standard tricks for you
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

• White Paper on HCQ by Simone Gold, MD JD "America's Frontline Doctors."

Comment

• Bro listen...this isn't your hill to (literally) die on. Why carry someone else's water? Especially when they don't even want you to drink it. I get the whole rear guard, fight to the end thing, but this ship has already sunk. You're helping a bunch of guys in charge that don't care about you. Loyalty goes both ways and needs to be earned, not expected.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Gee... no surprise, another hack Doctor
                        And America's Frontline Doctors is the same fringe group that promotes Demon Doctor, which she is a member of

The latest viral video promoting COVID-19 misinformation features a newly formed group called America's Frontline Doctors. About 10 physicians, dressed in white coats with an embroidered America's Frontline Doctors logo, spoke for 45 minutes in front of the Supreme Court on Monday on a range of COVID-19 talking points, from hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) being curative to the mental health effects of lockdown outweighing the toll of the virus itself.

But none of the most vocal members have practices that would place them on the actual front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. Some don't currently practice at all.

Two of those appearing at the Monday event are ophthalmologists, one of whom is no longer licensed.

The group's website, which according to internet records was created on July 16, was de-activated on Tuesday (though past versions can be seen on
                        web archives). Major social media platforms have sought to remove the video from their pages.
                        How about some research based on real clinical trials... and not more of your anecdotal evidence or supposed research were only summaries are reported with no proof of the data...
                        This same group preaches fast opening of the country... and look where that has gotten us
                        150,000 plus deaths and climbing
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• pchang
                          pchang commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think Kid has had some bad experiences with demon and alien sperm.

• Ted Striker
                          Ted Striker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Dr. Demon Sperm!!!
                          Last edited by Ted Striker; July 31, 2020, 21:09.

• And here we have Republicans once again SELLING OUT the working class they claim to protect.

They are quite literally accusing American workers of being lazy slobs who have to be literally forced to go to work, on pain of starvation.

And this cannot be stressed enough: A major reason 30 million are unemployed is there isn't nearly enough meaningful work to do. Bars, restaurants, hotels and stores are not exactly flush with customers, even in places where they're open at all, because most Americans are sensibly staying home rather than risking their lives to get baby-back ribs and a fruity cocktail at Applebee's. There's no reason for workers to show up for jobs that don't need doing, or to risk their own health to do so. Republicans are literally suggesting that people are lazy because they won't go to work at jobs that don't exist.

That's ultimately what all this is about: Republicans refuse to put a pause on the class war, even for a few months, to get us through a pandemic. If anything, McConnell and his fellow Republicans are treating this as an opportunity to grind down American workers and make damn sure they know their place, and to lower the already basement-level expectations of what ordinary people deserve from society in exchange for a demonstrable willingness to work — if there are jobs available, which at the moment there are not.
                        All these guys do is loot and burn down the country.

https://www.salon.com/2020/07/31/rep...tal-class-war/
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	orphan.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	9394654
                          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Big Pharma has been granted indemnity for any harm caused by Covid vaccines.

Comment

• Fauci refusing to give a urine sample to prove that he isn't taking HCQ.

Comment

Working...
                              X