Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wear a mask according to the laws and I don't vandalize BLM murals btw.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• It's great when you're open about being unpatriotic. Self-reflection is the first step to full enlightenment
      Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
        It's great when you're open about being unpatriotic. Self-reflection is the first step to full enlightenment
        I am patriotic but if someone says put your underwear on your head and go out in public it's so patriotic then I disagree.

Comment

• If you use PPE as underwear it's kinda strange, but I'm not judging. Whatever floats your boat.
          Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
            If you use PPE as underwear it's kinda strange, but I'm not judging. Whatever floats your boat.
            And you can wear a full hazmat suit. That's fine. Call it patriotic too.

Comment

• First they said not to call it the China Virus because that's offensive to Chinese people. The CCP knew the virus was deadly and didn't tell anyone but they let people travel all over the world. Now Pelosi says, "Call it the Trump Virus."

That's about as sick as it gets. I would rather have to fight the Nazis than put up with these sick people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Wearing a full Hazmat-Suit or an N95 mask (if you aren't medical personnel or a biological researcher ) is actually rather unpatriotic ... this is equipment the professionals need and not something normal people should wear..
                The professionals (like doctors, nurses etc.) in your country already now have too few of the PPE they need to do their job without getting infected thmselves.

The lack of professionalism of your government in procuring said PPE (and instead letting the states do bidding wars against each other for such equipment , driving the prices up) makes it even harder for your medical personnel
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

The president didn't say anything about wearing a hazmat suit being patriotic. Are you making stuff up about Trump?
                  Blah

Comment

• Kidlicious
                    Kidlicious commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No. Proteus does that plenty.

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Wearing a full Hazmat-Suit or an N95 mask (if you aren't medical personnel or a biological researcher ) is actually rather unpatriotic ... this is equipment the professionals need and not something normal people should wear..
                  The professionals (like doctors, nurses etc.) in your country already now have too few of the PPE they need to do their job without getting infected thmselves.

The lack of professionalism of your government in procuring said PPE (and instead letting the states do bidding wars against each other for such equipment , driving the prices up) makes it even harder for your medical personnel
                  Fake news. They didn't just let them fend for themselves. They suggested that they also work to procure PPE, which make sense and is apparently something that was too hard for the EU to do.

Also, show me in the CDC guidelines where it says not to wear an N95 mask and/or a hazmat suit.

Comment

Fake news. They didn't just let them fend for themselves. They suggested that they also work to procure PPE, which make sense and is apparently something that was too hard for the EU to do.

Also, show me in the CDC guidelines where it says not to wear an N95 mask and/or a hazmat suit.
                    There are no rules by the CDC against "civilians" wearing a Hazmat-Suit or an N95 mask.
                    But there is something called common sense (that IMHO is missing with all too many Trumpists)

In these times of an ongoing pandemic (especially in such a disease ridden country like the USA) the most important persons for receiving such a protective gear should be medical personnel.
                    The have not only the highest risk of getting the disease (considering that they regularly deal with people who are infected by it), but if they get sick, it also has the highest negative effect with regards to the survival of the patients (as they are lacking in thr workforce that is needed to terat the patients).

So, people who are so egoistical as for getting N95 masks or HazMat-Suits themselves will be co-responsible for any people dying because medical personnel didn't have access to PPE

Oh and don't worry about the EU ... AFAIK our medical personnel (after initial shortages) meanwhiole doesn't have as many problems with the availability of PPE anymore (especially considering that our count of CoViD-19 infected people is much lower than that in the USA and in most EU countries the numkber of daily new infections is steadily sinking)
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                      -Jrabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Actually, a lot of professionals outside the medical field use N95s every day. Construction workers, welders, pipefitters, road pavers, metalworkers, etc. My wife is a silversmith/jeweler and has used N95 masks for years, to avoid breathing silver dust, polishing compound, and other fumes in her workshop. And there is nothing unpatriotic about it. Just sayin'...

There are no rules by the CDC against "civilians" wearing a Hazmat-Suit or an N95 mask.
                    But there is something called common sense (that IMHO is missing with all too many Trumpists)

In these times of an ongoing pandemic (especially in such a disease ridden country like the USA) the most important persons for receiving such a protective gear should be medical personnel.
                    The have not only the highest risk of getting the disease (considering that they regularly deal with people who are infected by it), but if they get sick, it also has the highest negative effect with regards to the survival of the patients (as they are lacking in thr workforce that is needed to terat the patients).

So, people who are so egoistical as for getting N95 masks or HazMat-Suits themselves will be co-responsible for any people dying because medical personnel didn't have access to PPE

Oh and don't worry about the EU ... AFAIK our medical personnel (after initial shortages) meanwhiole doesn't have as many problems with the availability of PPE anymore (especially considering that our count of CoViD-19 infected people is much lower than that in the USA and in most EU countries the numkber of daily new infections is steadily sinking)
                    There is no shortage of those things anymore. There was because the Chinese bought them up. Did you know that they did that?

Comment

There is no shortage of those things anymore. There was because the Chinese bought them up. Did you know that they did that?
                      Actually th chinese produced the PPE ... and the USA bought them up. They even used underhanded tactics like buying up PPE that already was destined for the EU

Multiple reports emerged this week in which foreign officials accused Americans — including U.S. government representatives — of essentially commandeering shipments of medical supplies meant for other countries, among them generally well-off U.S. allies in Europe.

In one case, according to a report in The Guardian, American buyers managed to “wrest control” of a shipment of masks from China that was supposed to go to France by offering three times the selling price. In another report, a German official accused the U.S. of an “act of modern piracy” after a shipment of masks from China that was meant for Berlin were seized and diverted to the U.S. while en route in Thailand. Similar reports emerged from Brazil, where a top official said China had set aside his country’s orders for equipment after the U.S. sent some 20 planes to pick up materials for itself.
                      https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-163955

Comment

• Ted Striker
                        Ted Striker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think the US did the same thing to Canada also. Also within the US, there were reports of Federal government seizing state bound shipments.

Pretty much alienating all the best allies.

Want to say thank you to Europe and everyone else for putting up with us. It's up to the American people now to depose this tyrant, we'll take care of it for you guys.

Actually th chinese produced the PPE ... and the USA bought them up. They even used underhanded tactics like buying up PPE that already was destined for the EU

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-163955
                      So they offered to pay more. So evil.

This is what the Chinese did, they bought up all the PPE before they told anyone how bad the virus is.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                        -Jrabbit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        So they offered to pay more. So evil.
                        Profiteering during a pandemic IS evil.

• Kidlicious
                        Kidlicious commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The US didn't profiteer

• We’ve already surveyed the epidemiologists and medical professionals. Pandemic won’t listen to your political pandering.
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Hi Kidicous,

Do you support murdering innocent protesters with tanks?

Also do you feel the President is impartial and shows no conflict of interests in dealing with the Chinese Communist Party in holding them accountable for the virus?

Also why is Trump copying all of the CCP's favorite denial tactics almost word for word (suppressing numbers, blaming local governments, denying the extent of the danger)?

Your highly informed scholarship is desired with an insightful answer.

When the students poured into Tienanmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ts-2020-6?op=1

Chinese state-owned companies are constructing two luxury Trump developments in United Arab Emirates and Indonesia.” In addition, the outlet added, “the president and his daughter Ivanka Trump, a White House adviser, have been awarded trademarks by China’s government [and] his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, has courted Chinese investors in at least one other real estate deal.
                        https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...ate-owned-bank
                        Last edited by Ted Striker; July 22, 2020, 15:12.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                        X