Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whereas the UK appears to be employing experts to maintain a business as usual herd mentality - oops, I mean herd immunity

Our government seems to have forgotten that it relies on old people to stay in power and yet appears to be gambling on jettisoning their lives in favour of our economy...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Latest speech from Boris Johnson:

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight each other in the supermarkets, we shall not cancel the cruise ships and sports events, we shall lose old people with growing confidence and growing amount of virus in the air. We shall not defend our island, however high the death toll may be. We shall fight on with bleaches, we shall sanitize the public grounds, we shall spray the streets, we shall let those over the hill pass on before their time; we shall never lift a finger!
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

LOL Trump got "tested" and supposedly clean result within HOURS HAHA. Same Doctor also listed his weight just shy of obese.

And China saying their cases are declining

Both about as believable as Epstein actually killing himself
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

And WTF is up with all the hoarders?

Did nobody teach them about survival food? Instead of getting all the stuff that lasts for months or years, they go in and take all the perishable items like milk and eggs that spoil in under 2 weeks.

Meanwhile leaving all the dehydrated and nutrient dense canned goods alone.

Hope to see some new laws and these mother****ers arrested.

Don't worry guyz, free market will solve the issue, just like it always does. LOL
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Americans are too stupid to survive a zombie apocalypse

Comment

At least they will die with clean butts with all the toilet paper they hoarded.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                Whereas the UK appears to be employing experts to maintain a business as usual herd mentality - oops, I mean herd immunity

Our government seems to have forgotten that it relies on old people to stay in power and yet appears to be gambling on jettisoning their lives in favour of our economy...
                The plan seems to make sense but relies upon perfect timing (which won’t be easy). They are saying that if you start strict restrictions too early then people follow it at first but soon become less and less cooperative. Thus you want the harshest restrictions right before the peak so the most number of people actually do self isolate.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Whether its the right approach or not, only the results will really matter. It could be a stroke of exceptional government, or a horrendous ****-up. Fine line. I'm reserving judgement.

I certainly don't think "every other country is doing it except the UK" is necessarily meaning the UK government is wrong (a form of ad populum fallacy), but it does give me a sense of unease.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

The peak only is the peak because people changed their habits enough to stop the spread. If they wait longer, the peak will be higher and later.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                      Whether its the right approach or not, only the results will really matter. It could be a stroke of exceptional government, or a horrendous ****-up. Fine line. I'm reserving judgement.

I certainly don't think "every other country is doing it except the UK" is necessarily meaning the UK government is wrong (a form of ad populum fallacy), but it does give me a sense of unease.
                      Exactly. Not least because it's deliberately ceding the momentum to the virus.

We had a chance to try to proactively stamp this out and reduce numbers of infected at least two weeks ago.

Countries in the far east are getting a handle on things with proven methods and numbered of infected people are reducing drastically.

Comment

So Trump president in 2021 due to emergency powers avoiding the 'danger' of a presidential election in a disease ravaged nation...?

I thought this was supposed to be a hoax?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                          At least they will die with clean butts with all the toilet paper they hoarded.
                          they will be eating the toilet papers once they ran out of food

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                            The peak only is the peak because people changed their habits enough to stop the spread. If they wait longer, the peak will be higher and later.
                            Exactly
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarrynad View Post

they will be eating the toilet papers once they ran out of food
                              There is a good reason for the huge number of toilet paper getting bought.
                              There are lots of cleaning needs:

One person in a public space coughs and immediately everyone around is pooping his pants
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                                So Trump president in 2021 due to emergency powers avoiding the 'danger' of a presidential election in a disease ravaged nation...?

I thought this was supposed to be a hoax?
                                The Constitution says elections have to be held on a specific date. Maybe everyone will have to vote by mail.

Comment

Working...
                                X