X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• european cars are superior

it's true that japanese cars are sturdy etc
    but european cars are superior anyway you see it

the looks, the comfort they are built on a hedonistic trait made to be driven and enjoyed

japanese cars are very sturdy and stuff but they look like bugs and it's like you're inside a bug

Lamborghini tractors.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

German cars ?
      Be carefull, you might have to actually pay for the car.
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Could you please save your jokes for the summer, when it's hot and they'll be useful?

Comment

Bah! The Peel P50 is superior!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	640px-Peel_P50_at_Manx_Transport_Museum%2C_Peel%2C_Isle_of_Man_%287965563148%29.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	9386588
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
            Could you please save your jokes for the summer, when it's hot and they'll be useful?
            No.
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
              Bah! The Peel P50 is superior!
              It's superior to any british car because it's handled from the right (left) side

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

it's true that japanese cars are sturdy etc
                but european cars are superior anyway you see it
                Say that to my shinny Lexus!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	227.6 KB ID:	9386699

Comment

If by European you mean German, those Panzer wagens are way overrated. Maybe they are superior at draining your wallet for all the high service costs.

On a scale of 10, it goes like this:

Tesla 15/10
                  Generations ahead of anything out there

Toyota/Honda/Nissan/Suburu - 10/10
                  Unkillable

Hyundai/Kia/Genesis - 8/10
                  Same features as German luxury for 40% off

BMW - 6/10
                  "Brings Me Women". Poser car for bad driving 20 somethings trying to get laid, outdated and falling behind

Mercedes - 5/10
                  Chinese corruption status symbol, keeps mechanics employed for life

All American - 3/10
                  Killed themselves with planned obsolescence and unappealing styling. Generations will never buy again.

Volkswagen - 3/10
                  German label but pretty much operates like an American car company, with reliability issues, sales first and corrupt corporate culture
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I have owned American, German, and Japanese cars and find Japanese make the best cars, Americans make the best trucks and SUVs. German cars can be nice but just do not last and break down far more than either Japanese or American cars they also are seriously over priced on the whole. That is my personal experience.

BMWs (of which I owned one in the past) break down a lot, the price for parts and service is much higher than Japanese or American cars, and really they just are not as innovative as either American or Japanese cars. They are especially bad at electronics. I can see why BMW sales are declining and even local rivals like Mercedes-Benz are over taking them. I give British cars points for passion and innovative design but they usually fall apart on execution. French and Italian cars aren't even worth buying; they are just garbage. If you want quality then you buy Toyota, Honda, some Subarus, as well as American (non-Chrysler) brands.
                    Last edited by Dinner; January 11, 2020, 14:10.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker View Post
                      If by European you mean German, those Panzer wagens are way overrated. Maybe they are superior at draining your wallet for all the high service costs.

On a scale of 10, it goes like this:

Tesla 15/10
                      Generations ahead of anything out there

Toyota/Honda/Nissan/Suburu - 10/10
                      Unkillable

Hyundai/Kia/Genesis - 8/10
                      Same features as German luxury for 40% off

BMW - 6/10
                      "Brings Me Women". Poser car for bad driving 20 somethings trying to get laid, outdated and falling behind

Mercedes - 5/10
                      Chinese corruption status symbol, keeps mechanics employed for life

All American - 3/10
                      Killed themselves with planned obsolescence and unappealing styling. Generations will never buy again.

Volkswagen - 3/10
                      German label but pretty much operates like an American car company, with reliability issues, sales first and corrupt corporate culture
                      I wouldn’t touch a modern Nissan with a ten foot poll. Ever since they (partially) merged without Renault their quality has gone to hell and there is a lot of low quality and poorly designed French parts in their cars. I agree with Toyota and Honda and even, to a lesser extent, Subaru (stay away from their turbo charged models though and their CVT equipped cars tend to have issues).

I actually bought a new Toyota Camry last November (three months ago) for my wife. I would have preferred a Honda Accord but Honda dealers have the bad habit of refusing to negotiate and demanding full MSRP where as Toyota dealers where very happy to negotiate a great end of year sale price. I ended up getting the Camry for almost $4600 off of MSRP.

Comment

Hyundai and Kia have very good prices but seem to be filmize. Over seas, I see Chinese built cars a lot which seem to be the lowest of the low in quality yet are sold for unbelievably low prices. We are talking a new truck for $7000 with as two year warranty. Quality might be low but you can buy four for the cost of one Japanese or American truck so maybe the price to quality ratio is worth it? The new Thai made MG trucks, owned and produced on a Chinese design, seem especially competitive. They cost more, $15,000, but come fully loaded and competitively specked to Japanese or western midsized trucks which cost $25,000-$30,000. I could get behind a British brand designed by a Chinese company and built in Thailand which costs half as much.
                        Last edited by Dinner; January 11, 2020, 14:54.

Comment

The new MG Extender midsized pickup truck in Thailand.

In the United States, MG made a name for itself during the 1960s and 1970s by selling diminutive roadsters that were equal parts fun and finicky. The convert...

Comment

Pfffft! Get a real truck.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	ebay112538.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	9386924
                            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

While not exactly just launched, we take a closer look at the 2020 MG Extender Grand pickup at the recently held 2019 Thailand International Motor Expo. It w...

Not bad looking and at an amazing price point.

Comment

Working...
                              X