RIAA vs the People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIAA vs the People

Legal issues arising from the RIAA's lawsuits of intimidation brought against ordinary working people, and other important internet law issues. Provided by Ray Beckerman, P.C.

In SONY BMG Music Entertainment v. Tenenbaum, the RIAA has appealed from the judgment awarding it $67,500 for defendant's downloading of 30 mp3 song files.

as we all know there are millions of people infringing on tens if not hundred of songs each, why is RIAA not taking a mass lawsuit into the courts... if an average American has downloaded 50 songs illegaly (for every American who has downloaded none I am sure there will be another who downloaded 100) that would be about 100k per person = 30 trillion USD worth in damages

I think they have to be a bit more serious about getting all those infringers punished and tap into all that earning potential.
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"
Working...
X