Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Kelly case revisited

the bookwriter, and former MP, has some interesting claims like

Mr Baker said: "The more I examined [the verdict], the more it became clear to me that Hutton's judgment was faulty and suspect in virtually all important respects." His book, The Strange Death of David Kelly, makes a number of claims. He says that no fingerprints were found on the knife allegedly used by the scientist to cut his wrist; that there was " remarkably little" blood at the scene, despite death being officially recorded as due to a severed artery; that only one other person in the UK committed suicide in the same way in 2003; and that the level of painkillers found in Dr Kelly's stomach was "less than a third" of a normal fatal overdose.

His book contains details of meetings with "informants" who, he claims, provided confidential background details of the alleged operation to assassinate Dr Kelly. The MP alleges that opponents of Saddam Hussein feared Dr Kelly would "discredit" them by revealing "misinformation" they had planted to bolster the case for British and American intervention in Iraq.

However the family of Dr Kelly, nor the police is interested in reopening the case, and say the work does not warrant further attention...

From my POV, with the benefit of the hindsight, and knowing that he was right (ie there really was no WOMD), why would he kill himself? He surely knew even if there was a war, his claims would be vindicated... all in all a weird story, which was strange from the start, when you see that a weapons inspector (one would have thought those types are closer to James Bond than to Ernest Hemingway) kills himself after being questioned in the parliament, because of great stress.

Well this one goes to the dustbin of history, but at least someone made an attempt to take a second look at it.
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"
Working...
X