I can't figure this one out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't figure this one out

There's a kid in my department (a couple of years lower on the food chain than me) who's a bit of a weirdo. I've never really liked him all that much, but I didn't actively dislike him. He wears all black all the time, he's very awkward socially and, unforgivably, he's arrogant when he has no right to be (I'm arrogant, but I back my **** up; he doesn't know **** about the stuff he talks about). Possibly, but not necessarily relevant, he has some sort of German ancestry (but is at least 3rd generation US).

We're at a party at a friend's house last Saturday. Me and a couple of the guys are outside drinking while all the girls (including my wife) and some guys (including Mr. Douchebag) are inside playing some party games.

Apparently what's going on inside is that douche is making antisemitic comments. Not "you know, I knew a Jew who was so tight that..." type comments either. He was making holocaust "jokes". The only example I heard after was that he claimed "my grandfather died at Auschwitz. He fell off the tower while shooting Jews". Now, my wife (who's half Jewish and can take a joke) sits through this **** for about 10 minutes before she calls him an ******* and runs out of the room crying (coming to see me). The person whose house it is ejects the douche and the other person whose house it is wraps herself around me to stop me from shoving this idiot's teeth down his throat.

The next day he writes an apology email claiming that it was all a joke etc. etc.

Now, my question is, is this guy:

a) Just a dick who doesn't understand how far is too far to take a joke, and who simply chose the holocaust as a "shocking" subject

b) A slightly racist dick who couches his antisemitism in "jokes"

c) A slightly racist dick + Columbine waiting to happen

d) A full blown HJer

I keep vacillating between a, b and c
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum
Working...
X