Huzzah for Blazon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huzzah for Blazon!

I found this page off of Wikipedia's Heraldry entry. It's a freeware program to let you design your own coat of arms, and it even gives you the hoity-toity heraldic description for whatever you make. My unofficial arms are "Escutcheon Per Cross Lozengy Gules-and-Azure and Sable, a Tressure Or, a Cross Crosslet Or." It's relatively simple but looks awesome. But I bet someone already uses it or something a lot like it.

Blazon was designed for Windows 95, but it still works on my computer (Windows Me...please don't throw things at me). It has some limitations, you have to tell it if you want to bend the Rule of Tincture, and the graphics provided with it are not always pretty, but it's fun. Check it out and feel free to report your blazon here.

Mine, in case you can't understand the technical gobbledygook either, is a quartered shield. The upper-left and lower-right are decorated with a diamond pattern in red and blue, the other two corners are pure black. It has a gold tressure (a thin band running around the edge of the shield but not touching the sides of it), and gold cross crosslet, which is a latin cross with little mini-crosses on all four ends. It violates the hell out of the rule of tinctures but I don't care.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel
Working...
X