Wow! Best German film I've seen since Das Boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Best German film I've seen since Das Boot

I just saw Berlin Is In Germany. Its about this man Martin, who spent 10 years in prison since 1989 and is released in 1999. DDR is gone, the street names are different and the whole world has changed around him. Martin is a good guy, he was sent to jail by an unfortunate accident. Now he has nowhere to go so he contacts some of his old buddies. Some of them are better company than the others, one is a strip joint keeper and another is a taxi driver who emigrated to DDR from Cuba.

Things happen, good things and some bad, but the friends are always there. This was one of the best buddy movies I've seen. A movie that doesnt try more than it should, a realistic potrait of a man who doesnt really belong to anywhere but at the end theres hope.

The best part was when Martin and two of his buddies including the Cuban are playing card on the balcony of a DDR era multi-storey concrete building and 3 other guys from a balcony near theirs start to shout racist remarks to the Cuban. The Cuban says its ok, they are just idiots, but Martin doesnt listen. So he gets out, walks to the next building with the Cuban and kicks their ass.

Have you seen this film? If so, did you like it? I've seen many German films but many of them try too much, and are pretty boring stuff. This...was just fantastic. GO Ossies!

http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0276820/'
    Last edited by laurentius; February 8, 2005, 17:52.
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery
Working...
X