Which ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which ship?

I've almost save up enough for a decent ship, but I can't figure out which one to get. I'm going to shoot for a jack of all trades vessel, so which one's the best?
    *grumbles about work*

There are two basic types: combat vessels and cargo transports.

The Merchant Cruiser is a good ship in the middle ship with more emphasis on cargo transport. The Orion sacrifices some cargo space for additional combat power.

You might also want to look at the speed of a ship, which is number of turns a ship takes to move to a new sector. A speed of 2 is fast, 3 is medium, and 4 is slow. Until your ship gets lots of cargo holds the ability to move fast is an advantage.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

This doesn't seem to be important anymore as I just got blown up when I had saved just enough for a frigging Merchant Freighter....
      *grumbles about work*

Comment

I saw that. Did you wander off to places where you shouldn't be?
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

This newbie finally learned to camp overnight in Fed Space. Last night, I was 1 or 2 sectors out and I was blown up by our friendly rivals at Ap\olyton Corp. Oh and I got a load of you know what to the you know where.
          *grumbles about work*

Comment

Working...
          X